Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Split toenail?

Default Split toenail?

I know I need to go to a Podiatrist for this, just figured I'd see if anyone has dealt with this and what the treatment was.

The nail on my left foot pinky toe and the nail on my left hand pinky finger keep getting a split in them, long ways. The nail grows normally until it gets a little length on it. The obvious solution is to keep the nail trimmed. The toe nail is the the main one that just annoys me cause when I go to put on a sock and it snags that crack and doesn't exactly feel good.

I assume the only fix is to remove the nail and let it go back, but I dunno. Anybody ever dealt with this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You might consider not being a girl, at least for a few days. Let us know how that works.

Lol

gotta say... SCDucks is perhaps the worst place on the innerwebs to seek advise about your broke nail.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Good to see ya Fish. Anyone got some useful input?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    gotta say... SCDucks is perhaps the worst place on the innerwebs to seek advise about your broke nail.
    Gotta say, nice spelling.

Not looking for advice, I'm looking for first hand experience with this. Got any of that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you decide to remove it don’t use a fence gate like I did. Hurt alittle69E13502-A6D1-43BF-8DA9-15174401997A.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Now that I think about it I had a pinky toe nail come off one time when I slipped on a boat ramp. When it grew back it split. I kept it short and trimmed. If I remember right after about a year it finally grew right and haven’t had the problem since. Maybe keep them trimmed short for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Cut it off.

The whole pinky toe.

We even have a guy who used to play cards with some real mobsters. He'll probably do it for you.

it's annoying as hell snagging your sock and bed sheet every time huh?

Yes...Yes it is. Been dealing with it for years. Time to consult a doctor and do something about it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Cut it off.
    Considered that... Just go to the root of the problem..unfortunately the military doesn't like 9-toed airmen so it's gotta stay.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let me know if you change your mind.

ahzDx5b.gif
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 11-12-2018 at 11:17 AM.

You'll be my first call. Promise

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You may have an iron deficiency or some other cause if they keep happening after they have healed.

If it has never healed, then keep them trimmed short and try some athletic tape around the end of your finger/ toe to keep from snagging them.

Problem with the toe is the split is so far down the nail that I can't cut the entire split out. No matter how far back I cut, can't get behind it, at least not without lots of blood.

Iron deficiency might be a cause. I dunno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Try keeping it trimmed short as you can stand, and find a good folic acid supplement to begin taking. It helps promote healthy cell growth and is very good in promoting healthy skin, hair and nails.

2 part epoxy. Fill. Sand. Paint to match your others. Your husband can tell you what epoxy is.

No man would put up with me. You know that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just snatch it off at the quick with a wood lathe. I have one you can borrow.

28947390_10155557228038823_1907835510259530719_o.jpg