Thread: 2nd season

Default 2nd season

Jam up shoot in northern Anderson county this afternoon. Hope everybody else had good shoots.

Limit in 45 minutes. Unreal amount of birds for this time of year.

Same. 98 for 8 guns when we said quit time.
    Go Tigers!!!

I'm trying to talk a buddy into shooting tomorrow. If not I'll go sit in a.deer stand while I'm in the shire.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Had a slow one today in Sumter County. Met Professor finally. My buddy the landowner got 7, me and my crew got 1, which Prof's AWS made an excellent retrieve on.

Had my 11yo nephew with us for his first dove hunt. Knocked featherers off one and watched that joker fly away. Bes that way some time. Called the hunt a few before sunset and decided to hit the pond on the property to make an attempt at a fish before it got dark. Nephew landed one at least 5lbs.

My daughter didn't know how to act touching the peanut I landed on a beetlespin. Had a great time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-11-2018 at 01:02 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Most birds I’ve ever seen this time of year. Only had 6 people and needed 25. 5 acre field turned into 50 acres when corn was cut. Birds coming in , in droves. Easily over a 1000 birds. Hope they stick around for next week and we will have more shooters.

I'm trying to learn more about what crops best attract doves here in SC. So let me ask the ones who had good shoots and mentioned tons of birds around... What crop is in the fields that are attracting the doves?

Last edited by willyworm; 11-11-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Sunflowers.

Sunflowers, although most of the birds I cleaned had a fair amount of millet in them.

Way to pass it on Willy!

Yes sir! The nephew was very respectful. He impressed me with how well he listened, executed instructions and maintained his muzzle control. The lad is a straight killer when it comes to fishing.

As for my daughter I can't leave her at home when I go hunting or I'd never hear the end of it. She also makes mom's life miserable when I do, like in the instance I leave her at home if the weather simply isn't conducive. She's my little hunting buddy and I love every second of it. She expressed interest in wanting to go on a duck hunt this season.

Last edited by willyworm; 11-11-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Had a decent shoot 8 and 4 pigeons

Dove field was just browntop and now cut corn field.

Burnt’em up this afternoon
    cut\'em

Had a good friend invite me yesterday to shoot some birds. It was a good shoot killed my share of birds. The birds were coming in by the dozens.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Had a slow one today in Sumter County. Met Professor finally. My buddy the landowner got 7, me and my crew got 1, which Prof's AWS made an excellent retrieve on.

Had my 11yo nephew with us for his first dove hunt. Knocked featherers off one and watched that joker fly away. Bes that way some time. Called the hunt a few before sunset and decided to hit the pond on the property to make an attempt at a fish before it got dark. Nephew landed one at least 5lbs.

My daughter didn't know how to act touching the peanut I landed on a beetlespin. Had a great time.

What's it take to get invited on these hunts? Thought we were friends

Haha, I know right. You didn't miss much. Had a couple good hunts there this season, but yesterday was not one of em. But that's huntin.

Trust me, I'd have invited plenty of folks but it's not my field. And I was taught it's pretty uncouth to invite someone else on a hunt you were invited on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]