Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Couldn't stand it......

Quote Originally Posted by Jscrapmetal View Post
    Serious question, is venison ok to eat rare??
    Yes, but it’s best to freeze it first.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

The important thing is to make sure it is handled properly post-kill. Quickly gutted and cooled down, not left ridding around in your truck for a couple hours then a couple more on processors floor until one of the skinners gets to it.

I'm still walking and talking....
    Seriously.... Use a sanatized knife to prep, a warm pink MR is no different.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Are you pregnant? Serious question...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Come on now!
    Would love to hear your take on this dish....
    It kind of depended on what was available and how much I could get away with charging. I like pickled roasted red bell on carpaccio. I'm a fan of quickly deep frying the capers the little crunch is a nice balance. 20 year old or more balsamic is a favorite, if you can get your hands on some thats 50 years old, its hard to go back. Fresh shaved truffle if you can find it. If not though, skip it truffle oil is nasty. Good pecorino is fine but I'm pretty loyal to a mandolin and paper thin shaves of Parmigiano Reggiano. Spend the money on good olive oil. I like Tuscan oil as its a little more peppery and light than some of its fruity Sicilian counterparts. Also, I really like baby greens for this. Mature arugala, watercress, and the like are big flavors and I find they get in the way of the meat. Micro greens give that little bit of freshness and pepper without overpowering everything, additionally they are easier to eat. Its one of those dishes that you can really play with while staying true to a classic presentation. Hopefully I'll have one to play with soon. As this little brainstorm has done nothing but increase my desire to dig out the glass plate and dust off the good balsamic.

*Edit*
    Good salt. If you don't have some big ol flaky Fleur de Sel just don't even bother.
    Last edited by Foie Gras; 11-09-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Highstrung just got bumped to 3rd. Maybe out of the top 5.

Sad when the greats fall.

Solid plating, sir!

HAHAHAHAHA
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!

Don't encourage him

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I've been told I am a great cook . Next time somebody tells me that ...I'm gonna tell them to STFU ! Ya'll fkers are on a different level . Impressed !
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

I remember those last years for Bret Favre. It was difficult to watch. Everyone knew he should have just retired when he was on top with Green Bay. But he just couldn't admit it to myself.

It was a good run.

I like Glenn.. but I also love me a lot, he knows we both have a sense of humor

Plus I have brisket with a lot of fat, that is going into my belly

20181109_123546.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    It kind of depended on what was available and how much I could get away with charging. I like pickled roasted red bell on carpaccio. I'm a fan of quickly deep frying the capers the little crunch is a nice balance. 20 year old or more balsamic is a favorite, if you can get your hands on some thats 50 years old, its hard to go back. Fresh shaved truffle if you can find it. If not though, skip it truffle oil is nasty. Good pecorino is fine but I'm pretty loyal to a mandolin and paper thin shaves of Parmigiano Reggiano. Spend the money on good olive oil. I like Tuscan oil as its a little more peppery and light than some of its fruity Sicilian counterparts. Also, I really like baby greens for this. Mature arugala, watercress, and the like are big flavors and I find they get in the way of the meat. Micro greens give that little bit of freshness and pepper without overpowering everything, additionally they are easier to eat. Its one of those dishes that you can really play with while staying true to a classic presentation. Hopefully I'll have one to play with soon. As this little brainstorm has done nothing but increase my desire to dig out the glass plate and dust off the good balsamic.

*Edit*
    Good salt. If you don't have some big ol flaky Fleur de Sel just don't even bother.
    I don’t even know what language you are speaking but damn it sounds good.