Took this one sat at abt 250yds. Thought it was a different deer. Either way, my first 10pt so I am pretty happy about it. Would’ve let this deer walk if place wasn’t selling (also assuming that I didnt mistake it for another 10 on cam from another spot that I have been looking for). Hunted Tues-Sun and had a ton of activity. Passed a possibly older, pretty good 8 that was heavier several times as well as some other smaller bucks and tons of does. Took this one hunting a plot that is ~75’-300yds along a creek bottom. Corn pile at 100yds or so and he came out the very end straight on of course. He just stood there looking down the plot for several minutes. I didnt want to take that shot if I didnt have to so I waited a minute to see if he would close the gap. I knew the slower he moved the more worked up I would be getting. He closed about 25yds focused on 8 does on pile but then turned broadside and walked to edge of plot. He was either about to walk out of sight or mess with a scrape and I couldn’t take a chance of him disappearing. Took my shot, a little rushed with his head/neck already out of view. Saw his tail go up and he trotted out. Was not sure if I hit him. Waited a few minutes And went down to where I thought he was, no blood. Panned around and out bc I had good daylight and saw nothing. Beating myself up over rushing a shot on a 10pt, I returned to where I thought he was when I fired and moved about 10’. Quarter sized drop of blood led to a trail of drops and he was laid up about 40yds. Took out the top of his heart. Best weather all year by far and a pretty exciting hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk