Thread: Dog Clubs

Default Dog Clubs

Looking to maybe visit around at some dog clubs between now and end of season. Been in the same club for 18 years and have loved every year of it but lately I havent agreed with the way things are operating. I know its getting harder and harder for a dog man to get in a club anymore but I think I want to test the waters. If anyone on the site is in a dog club that may need a dogdriver next year, please let me know. I would love to come visit. I run treestock hounds and Garmin tracking collars so I control my dogs pretty well.
    Not certain I'm getting out of the club I'm in. Still a lot of good friends and good people where I am. I just want to be in position to make a move if the right club opens up. I want to be somewhere that the number one objective is hunting with dogs, not still hunting.
    I have a hunting partner and a kid or two with me most of the time so I would like to be able to bring them along on any visits as well.
    Thanks in advance.

What area?

Preferably within an hour to hour and a half from Lexington SC. Like Bamberg, Orangeburg, Allendale, Hampton, Barnwell counties.
    Last edited by luckydogger; 11-06-2018 at 04:20 PM.

We are in Allendale/Barnwell counties but only run beagles or half/half’s but could mabe entertain y’all. Pm me if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    We are in Allendale/Barnwell counties but only run beagles or half/half’s but could mabe entertain y’all. Pm me if interested!
    PM sent. Thanks

great club near Ridgeland had a large turnover due to dues increase- they need good dog men and standers- 8000 acres quail plantation, 6000 hunted regular, most drives only hunted 2 times/year, deer cooler, breakfast and lunch, sat tv for college football, camper space, showers and bathroom, still hunting also with club provided corn, you name it- they got it. $1300/year. Christian/family oriented club. hunt with horses too. great kill amount with plenty of great quality. PM for a visit and details
    exit 28 off I 95
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 11-06-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    great club near Ridgeland had a large turnover due to dues increase- they need good dog men and standers- 8000 acres quail plantation, 6000 hunted regular, most drives only hunted 2 times/year, deer cooler, breakfast and lunch, sat tv for college football, camper space, showers and bathroom, still hunting also with club provided corn, you name it- they got it. $1300/year. Christian/family oriented club. hunt with horses too. great kill amount with plenty of great quality. PM for a visit and details
    exit 28 off I 95
    This the same club that quits when quail season comes in?

yes- but they picked up 2k acres to dog hunt during December- one of the reasons for the dues increase

I still hunt in Barnwell but my boys and and I enjoy dog hunting. Would like to know about dues etc

exit 28 off I 95
    The large turn over was not all from dues increase. It was because the president was taken better care of himself than the club. When the manager of the plantation calls and tell you that you can have a hunt on this day during December and he declines it with out asking anyone that is wrong. i was told this week that all the dog men are on probation so they have had to ask guest to come in with dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullcry View Post
    The large turn over was not all from dues increase. It was because the president was taken better care of himself than the club. When the manager of the plantation calls and tell you that you can have a hunt on this day during December and he declines it with out asking anyone that is wrong. i was told this week that all the dog men are on probation so they have had to ask guest to come in with dogs.
    interesting- this was my first year and there has been some turmoil- mainly due to dog drivers breaking the midnight curfew repeatedly at the clubhouse, yes- 2 of them are on probation, but there are plenty more.

I haven't heard anything about declining December hunts by the president

PM Pbiz.

That's all I got.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

interesting- this was my first year and there has been some turmoil- mainly due to dog drivers breaking the midnight curfew repeatedly at the clubhouse, yes- 2 of them are on probation, but there are plenty more.

I haven't heard anything about declining December hunts by the president
    yes and they should be on probation for that. but 4 or 5 of us left because of the above reason