Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Draw Hunt Results

Delta hunts cancelled. Too much water and too many ducks. Boooo. I'm guessing I will get picked next year because the hunt was cancelled?

Bear Island East today - two guns, 9 teal, 1 mottled, 1 punk rock merganser.

One group shot a can drake and had a more mixed bag, but GWT were prevalent. Other than a few mottled ducks that checked us out, the only big ducks to come into the hole were four gadwall late in the morning.

The folks managing the place were disappointed in the number of birds - said it was like that on the local private impoundments as well.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

We hunted Beaverdamn Creek blind #3 on December 22nd. It was a total bust. There are 5 blinds at Beaverdamn Creek. Blinds 1, 2, and 3 are flooded. Only blinds 1 and 2 are planted with corn. Blinds 4 and 5 are just natural beaver ponds with nothing planted. Only 3 of the blinds produced birds. We left empty handed. Blind 2 was the top producer when we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by easyridingwo View Post
    We hunted Beaverdamn Creek blind #3 on December 22nd. It was a total bust. There are 5 blinds at Beaverdamn Creek. Blinds 1, 2, and 3 are flooded. Only blinds 1 and 2 are planted with corn. Blinds 4 and 5 are just natural beaver ponds with nothing planted. Only 3 of the blinds produced birds. We left empty handed. Blind 2 was the top producer when we were there.
    I hunted Beaverdam Creek on Saturday (1/26) and got blind #2 which Matt (tech for DNR) said was the best blind. I didn't pull the trigger. I had a couple mallards and woodies in the decoys before legal shooting but they left with a minute to spare. Only saw 4 birds after that and 2 of them were mergansers. I sat until 10am just to see what would happen but I probably should have stayed at my cousin's house and hunted the farm pond.

The group in blind #1 peppered a coyote that crossed the dike but I don't believe it was recovered.

We saw a pair of mallard land right in front of blind #2 when we were walking out at 10:40.

Quote Originally Posted by easyridingwo View Post
    We saw a pair of mallard land right in front of blind #2 when we were walking out at 10:40.
    This past weekend? If so, that’s my luck. I was going to sit until 11 but by 10 without firing a shot, I was ready for a hot breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, on the 22nd of December.