Thread: trail dog

Default trail dog

My little dog is 5 months and has found her 5th deer. She acts like it's her job now. She waits patiently for me to put on her GPS collar and drag lead but when she hits the ground she's like a vacuum and I have to run to keep up. This was her first that wasn't at the end of a fake trail that I made by dragging a dead deer. This one actually ran about 50 yards into the woods but the trail looked like a horror movie. I'm saving my last two non-date-specific doe tags for bow hunting in hopes I'll get a more difficult, longer trail. Maybe I should switch back to Rage broadheads.

Chloe-number-five.jpg

Is that a teckel?

If you enjoy chasing a dog a long ways, maybe you should take up coon hunting.

Bow hunting for the purpose of a long blood trail doesn't seem very respectful to the animal. I'm sure that's not your attitude, and I'm not trying to be an asshole, but that's how it reads. Congrats on the success with the dog.
    Last edited by wskinner; 11-04-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Yep. It's a Teckle.

I don't bow hunt for the harder trail. I bow hunt because I enjoy bowhunting. I'm also training a dog so I can recover hard to find deer like you've probably given up on and failed to find.

Longer trails are almost inevitable when you don't have hydrostatic shock working for you. I don't find bowhunting an any less "respectful" way to kill an animal, just not usually as fast. I've had deer go back to eating after a passthrough and then just faint. I guess if I wanted to be fully respectful like self-righteous you, I'd use explosives. If it bothers you, you should eat beef and hotdogs. That's way more respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Yep. It's a Teckle.

I don't bow hunt for the harder trail. I bow hunt because I enjoy bowhunting. I'm also training a dog so I can recover hard to find deer like you've probably given up on and failed to find.

Longer trails are almost inevitable when you don't have hydrostatic shock working for you. I don't find bowhunting an any less "respectful" way to kill an animal, just not usually as fast. I've had deer go back to eating after a passthrough and then just faint. I guess if I wanted to be fully respectful like self-righteous you, I'd use explosives. If it bothers you, you should eat beef and hotdogs. That's way more respectful.
    Lol. Nice little dog, she will probably find some young man or woman’s first deer that would not be recovered without your help. BJ

Do you have any more pics of your pup?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Do you have any more pics of your pup?
    2018-10-07 17.18.39.jpg
    2018-10-14 19.04.03.jpg
    2018-09-10 20.00.37.jpg

That’s a cool little pup.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Vey cool....
    I'm jealous especially after seeing the SH in the pic.
    My 6 month old SH tragically was killed by a car Saturday a week ago and the wife, kids, and I are devastated!
    I digress but she had already trailed two deer like a boss.....Cotton was gonna be a good one!
    Keep her on em.....a good blood dog is priceless.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE