Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down over 45 lbs

Default Down over 45 lbs

Last fall something turned on in my head, who knows what, and I started very consciously watching my intake. Physical activities have been increased since the boys are off at Clemson and I now have the yard work to do. Not to mention the hunt club work.

I have cut way back on diet beverages (almost none), fatty foods and processed meats (liver puddin is not on this list), breads. I eat fish every time I can. Ceasar salads too much, same with loaded spinach salads. A big night out is the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays. Beer consumption is down but I am not avoiding it. Go Natty Lights!

The fish is anything I can get. I prefer all kinds of sushi and sashimi but mostly salmon and tuna. Occasionally I get a fried spider roll as a treat.

Per the bathroom scales, which I compared to the Doc's office because I thought they were broken, I am down 47 pounds mostly be watching intake. Volume and types.

And water. I have been drinking the cheapest bottles water all the time. There is a bucket of water bottles in my truck.

Now, considering all of the above, it is really without trying to hard. No special meds to push this along.

My smallest pants drop off when I release the belt. I wonder if my dogs recognize me. I'll bet my boat speed is up.....Truck mileage is up 20% but that may be a repair KRT did.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Good stuff RP. Keep it up.

It's really amazing how much weight you can drop by doing nothing more than cutting out all beverages that's aren't water. And if you really want your mind blow, cut out all fast food. Do that for a year, and you will be amazed at how much healthier you can become.

I quit drinking soft drinks about a year and a half ago. Im 24 and noticed my avg. weight went down about 10-15 pounds. I cant stand a soft drink now and dont know that ill ever be able to drink them again. I lied, actually, Ill drink a cheerwine about twice a year. If I could put down Sweet Teas and Miller Lattes im sure I could lose even more. Keep up the good work, RP.

This thread really makes me feel bad since I just polished off a bbq buffet with a sweet tea. Good work RP. I’m sure it feels good and def feels better than I do right now. One of these days soon gonna get back to doing better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh great. Now you will live longer and we will have to put up with you. I kid. I kid. Good deal and keep it up Old Boy!

Great stuff. Keep it up RP.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    I quit drinking soft drinks about a year and a half ago. Im 24 and noticed my avg. weight went down about 10-15 pounds. I cant stand a soft drink now and dont know that ill ever be able to drink them again. I lied, actually, Ill drink a cheerwine about twice a year. If I could put down Sweet Teas and Miller Lattes im sure I could lose even more. Keep up the good work, RP.
    24! You're a baby, man! You're still at an age where you can eat whatever you want without penalty. Take advantage while you can. Ask me how I know...

And truly good stuff, rp. Eye-opening and encouraging, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    24! You're a baby, man! You're still at an age where you can eat whatever you want without penalty. Take advantage while you can. Ask me how I know...

BS. I'm 28 and weighed 130lbs when i graduated high school. Now i'm at 195, was all the way up to 215 but started walking and jogging over the summer and tried to cut out all bread, pasta, rice, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by ReelHard View Post
    BS. I'm 28 and weighed 130lbs when i graduated high school. Now i'm at 195, was all the way up to 215 but started walking and jogging over the summer and tried to cut out all bread, pasta, rice, etc..
    I played sports in high school and college, so that made it easier to maintain or lose weight. Metabolism surely plays a big part too. And yeah, staying away from any white foods will indeed do wonders to your waistline. Easier said then done. Again, ask me how I know...

I played sports in high school and college, so that made it easier to maintain or lose weight. Metabolism surely plays a big part too. And yeah, staying away from any white foods will indeed do wonders to your waistline. Easier said then done. Again, ask me how I know...
    Preach it! I turned 30 and started raising kids and staying at the desk longer to support it all and my waist has shown it. Now trying to reverse it all is tough.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Preach it! I turned 30 and started raising kids and staying at the desk longer to support it all and my waist has shown it. Now trying to reverse it all is tough.
    Same deal for me. 31, two kids, more time at my desk. I quit eating as much, hardly any fast food, water 95% of the time. If I drink it's usually bourbon on the rocks. Down 30lbs in the last 5 months, but I've been slacking a lot since around the end of September. Need to quit eating as much.

I thought so too. I was 165-170 the day i graduated. I was prolly around 220 when I dropped soft drinks last year. Probably stay around 200 now +/- 5 pounds. I do try to limit myself to one maybe two sweet teas a day and I have gotten to where I drink a lot of water. The lattes is whats hard to limit myself on.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 11-08-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Good stuff Patten!

I weighed myself yesterday, down 27 since knee surgery in February, intake is 90% of it.

My dad and i had this talk the other day. He said damn son what you up to now? I replied 225lbs. He said man you need to push back away from the table. My reply was my number one hobby is eating good food and im damn good at it. Im thinking about going pro. Nah i really do need to get healthier. Good job man.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Same deal for me. 31, two kids, more time at my desk. I quit eating as much, hardly any fast food, water 95% of the time. If I drink it's usually bourbon on the rocks. Down 30lbs in the last 5 months, but I've been slacking a lot since around the end of September. Need to quit eating as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Good stuff Patten!

I weighed myself yesterday, down 27 since knee surgery in February, intake is 90% of it.
    I hope y’all are right because I love to eat and have always countered it with physical activity but that’s not working these days between work and kids and now injuries
    cut\'em

Nice job, RP.

I hope y’all are right because I love to eat and have always countered it with physical activity but that’s not working these days between work and kids and now injuries
    I counted everything I ate, tried to stay between 1500 - 2000 calories on a normal working day. If I burned a lot of calories that day either from hunting, working out, hiking, etc I'd take in a little more. Basically did intermittent fasting as well, but I did that for the most part already, naturally. Don't know if it's the ideal way to lose weight, but it works for me. I hate going to the gym, I was forced to workout for baseball until I was 22 and I've never liked it since.

I'm almost 50. You'd be amazed at what you can do with moderate exercise and proper nutrition. It's never too late to break a cycle.

Nice work RP!

I started trying to drop weight this past March and am down 60lbs. For me it really wasn’t that difficult, but sucks at times. The hardest part for me is staying disciplined whether that be in your diet or your activity.

I was in a pretty bad car wreck 3-4 yrs ago and broke my neck which resulted in 90 days of strict bed rest. That was NO FUN so I decided that if I couldn’t do shit I would at least eat good food . So I laid around for 3mos and ate, and then when I was released I definitely did not jump right into being active and switched from being on a jobsite every day to a desk job. Granted, I was already a bit overweight prior to wreck.

Moved from desk job to traveling sales job and all I do most of the time is sit at a desk, sit in a car, sit in a clients office, or at a hotel bar in the evenings for dinner/drinks. Couple that with an erratic work schedule, a desire to drink IPAs and eat large amounts of shitty food and you have a pretty good recipe for fatassedness.
    I am 33 yo now and when I graduated high school I weighed 180lbs.
    I had allowed myself to get up to 241lbs!!!!! basically as a result of lack of caring for a extended period of time.
    The weight was starting to get to me, clothes weren’t fitting, I kept having to buy bigger clothes, and I was feeling old, tired, and slow.
    In March I took a step back and corrected the obvious issues. Cut out the IPA’s 100% (from 3-4/most night) and only drink Nattys or occasional vodka/soda. Knocked out fried foods, knocked out carbs/ white foods most of the time, and I cut my portions way down. French fries was my standard side and has since been replaced w veggies.

When I started this in March I also started running some, hot yoga (super tight naturally so I have to stretch!), and lifting free weights, doing pullups and pushups at home. Running started at 1mi 3x/week for 3 weeks then up to 2mi/3x week before finally upping to 3 but that only lasted probably 3-4 mos. Joints/ligaments/tendons started hurting and backed off but still running some. Mostly diet! If you want to lose weight just be honest with yourself and cut out the shitty foods if you want to cut back. I went from 38+ pants down to 32-34 and down from 241 to 185 right now. Another biggie for me was not eating dueing the day and then wanting to eat two meals at night. I had to conciously break that cycle and now continue to stay out of it. One of the harder things for me is trying to not eat/snack after 8pm or so if I skipped breakfast or lunch which is easy for me to do.

Now the challenge is to keep up the discipline to keep it off. I feel SO much better than I did in the spring too, hoping I stay with it for my health and my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent