Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Venison Meatballs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Venison Meatballs?

I have some bulk sausage left over that I need to use up. I want to try some meatballs.

Anyone tried this and got a recipe?

Breadcrumbs and any combination of Italian seasonings usually does the trick for me. More red pepper for more hotter.

I mix venison burger and ground hog or Italian sausage. Mix in grated onion, bell pepper, parsley, egg, bread crumbs, parmesan, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Sometimes some fennel seed. I blast them in the oven and finish in the sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I've used ground venison sausage/burger to make them. They're fine, not outstanding, but they work. I don't use breadcrumbs, but did throw an egg or two in the bowl.

Fooey Grass has a really good meatball recipe that I've used. Hopefully he'll share it. I dummied it down to less ingredients and less steps and his called for pan frying the meatballs where I dump mine raw in the sauce and let 'em cook in there.

Basically it's saute'd onion and garlic dumped in the meat with basil, oregano, S/P, some thyme, an egg and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Roll 'em into 1" diameter and drop them into the red sauce. I use a crock pot and let 'em slow roll all day. Don't ask for measurements. Got no clue. Season to taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Fooey Grass has a really good meatball recipe that I've used. Hopefully he'll share it. I dummied it down to less ingredients and less steps and his called for pan frying the meatballs where I dump mine raw in the sauce and let 'em cook in there.

Basically it's saute'd onion and garlic dumped in the meat with basil, oregano, S/P, some thyme, an egg and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Roll 'em into 1" diameter and drop them into the red sauce. I use a crock pot and let 'em slow roll all day. Don't ask for measurements. Got no clue. Season to taste.
    Tell me about the red sauce?

This sounds like what I'm looking for. Picked up garlic gloves, onion, and cheese this morning. Figured I could piece it together from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Tell me about the red sauce?
    Nothing fancy. Tomato sauce, paste, diced tomatoes, onions, green peppers, garlic and other Italian'esque type seasonings. Some oil de olive and a splash or two of whatever red wine that's been open on the counter for months.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    This sounds like what I'm looking for. Picked up garlic gloves, onion, and cheese this morning. Figured I could piece it together from there.
    Hopefully he sees this and post the recipe but I'm sure you can do a search and find it. They're good and my kids love 'em.

Just an update on this. I found the recipe you mentioned and loosely based it on that. I went a little too heavy on the onion and garlic for the kids' preference. And I didn't use any bread crumbs or oatmeal. They turned out really juicy and I'll definitely do them again. Cooking them in a pan with the sauce was so simple it was genius.

I didn't take any pictures on fancy plates. But it's not too hard to imagine. They looked like balls of meat. Some had red sauce on them. Others just had a little cheese drizzled on them. And yes some were smaller than others.

When I was binge watching the sopranos last year I started cooking a bunch of Italian food. You can good sopranos cookbook and meatballs is one of the recipes that will come up. I used it for venison and it was really good.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

dont overthink a meatball.

damn. what is wrong with me? I'll try to be nicer.

congrats on making meatier choices to your diet. To make a meatball, mix unknown quantities of meat, eggs, bread, veggies, and spices together into....wait for it...a BALL shape.

For the red sauce:
    Its the one that's RED in the spaghetti aisle. some are white....but most are red. Pick a red one with a name you like.

Enjoy!

and if you follow fooey grasses recipe you gotta put some silly line of sauce on your plate in the shape of a nike swoosh. also, proportions need to be tiny for midgets or Ethiopians.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

And don't forget the homemade doritos.

But those are for Q only.

Not Q Chan Q but for Barbi Q.

you're just trying to confuse me.

At least, I think you are trying to confuse me.

But I'm not sure.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you're just trying to confuse me.

At least, I think you are trying to confuse me.

But I'm not sure.
    #RedFall'ishSometimeBetweenSeptemberandThanksgivin g

[crumby drops]

Rishers in Walterboro and be done....
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    This....

And grab some b-fast sausage patties too...

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    Damn Right!!! Get some of those pickled sausages too!!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

oh crap. he used the brackets

#notSmartEnoughForQdrops

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    oh crap. he used the brackets

#notSmartEnoughForQdrops
    It's how Jesus and the so'crates taught us. You hatin' on JC? You one of them #braindeadlibtards?

I'm trying. How about this? History proves the past. Aka question nothing

#DontWantToBePartOfThe77k

#textMessagesFromTrump