Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump falsely claims NYSE reopened day after 9/11

Default Trump falsely claims NYSE reopened day after 9/11

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...11/1801014002/

If he lies about things that are easily proven false, how do we know when he is telling us the truth about things that aren't so easily checked?

How do you personally view his statements, as either a supporter or detractor? For supporters, do you find difficulty in trusting what he says? Do you think he would be more respected and regarded as a better president if he was a more effective, truthful communicator?

Sorry your girl lost.

I'm just glad he isn't Hillary

I have no problem calling Trump out. Both good and bad.

But I could honestly care less that he misspoke about the date that wall street opened back up 17 years ago. I certainly don't think it proves that he is a constant liar because he was wrong once. If anything it proves to me that he was speaking rather than reading a speech prepared for him on a teleprompter.

If he had cancelled, the article headline would have been "Trump disappoints thousands of high school kids when he is a no show"

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Sorry your girl lost.
    I didn't vote for Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I'm just glad he isn't Hillary
    Ok, so you voted for Trump and he is the President - does that mean you don't hold him to any standards, so long as he isn't Hillary?

Or, maybe he's more like Hillary than you'd like to admit:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31806907

https://www.businessinsider.com/pres...iphone-2018-10

From the second article:
    Anonymous White House officials told The Times they were disclosing the president's cell phone habits because they've become increasingly frustrated with his lackadaisical tendencies towards electronic security and fear the national security risks it creates...

American spy agencies have determined that China and Russia are indeed listening in on the president's cell phone calls and using the intelligence they collect to their advantage in instances like trade negotiations...
    Are we going to start a "LOCK HIM UP!" chant?

Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post

But I could honestly care less that he misspoke about the date that wall street opened back up 17 years ago. I certainly don't think it proves that he is a constant liar because he was wrong once. If anything it proves to me that he was speaking rather than reading a speech prepared for him on a teleprompter.

If he had cancelled, the article headline would have been "Trump disappoints thousands of high school kids when he is a no show"
    Why are you even discussing this with the troll?

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post

Fair enough.

Both of your questions are fair questions.

I wish he would act more presidential and less petty, but I don't believe he'd be treated any more fairly if he did.

Holy crap somebody answering their phone! Call in the army

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I don't believe he'd be treated any more fairly if he did.
    I haven't given that much thought. My intuition tells me you are probably right. Which is unfortunate, as I would attribute that to the widening division in politics and subsequent reporting.

Politicans on both sides of the aisle lie and do deceiving things to voters. I look past all that and to policy they implement or attempt to.

If Rubio had won he would do the same. Hillary certainty woiuld have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Prayers sent.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by GameLandHntr View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...11/1801014002/

If he lies about things that are easily proven false, how do we know when he is telling us the truth about things that aren't so easily checked?

How do you personally view his statements, as either a supporter or detractor? For supporters, do you find difficulty in trusting what he says? Do you think he would be more respected and regarded as a better president if he was a more effective, truthful communicator?
    And Hillary just said, "all blacks look alike".

So grow a pair and move on.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by GameLandHntr View Post
    I haven't given that much thought. My intuition tells me you are probably right. Which is unfortunate, as I would attribute that to the widening division in politics and subsequent reporting.
    There is no widening division. Just more reporting of the division we always had. The media goal is to convince us Trump has created "Tribalism" and blows "dog whistles" to scare voters away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Some of y'all sound just as bad as the left with your responses. We ridicule them for canned responses, and then do the same thing? How about answer the dang questions instead of deflecting. OR, don't say anything at all.

more prayers
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    more prayers
    More proof.

I look at 8 yrs of an economy under Obama, then I look at two under Trump. I could give a shit if he misspoke.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    More proof.
    I think you’re missing the humor in his comment BB. 2th kickstarted my morning with a good laugh.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I look at 8 yrs of an economy under Obama, then I look at two under Trump. I could give a shit if he misspoke.
    Pardon the bluntness, but that's just an insanely idiotic thing to say, in light of the following chart of the S&P 500 index since 2009:

Capture.JPG