Thread: Surface Pro

Default Surface Pro

Anybody use 'em? I love mine.

Need a case for it. The options are endless. Who has one they really like - and what is it? Looking at Amazon - I think I want a protective hard case rather than a leather portfolio type. Talk to me.....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

You need an iPad.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

No I don't. Neither do you.

You need crayons.

Mine is awesome. Case is a good idea, let me know what you decide on. I dropped mine, it cracked. No more touch screen for me...

You're welcomed, glad we could help
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Look at Urban Armor Gear cases and get the attachable keyboard.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

both my kids have them. They use them for homework and playing Fortnite.

It should be perfect for you.

No idea on the case. They have a bluetooth keyboard on theirs with a cheap case.

Good luck in advance
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

What is it? A laptop ain't it? Are they all expensive or we talking about a cheap one?

Jozie, KMA.

HS, it's like an iPad for people that aren't still on AOL. But it still works like a real (read: non-Apple based PC) computer. Microsoft makes it. Has a keypad with it so you don't have to type on a touch screen. And work bought mine (because I'm actually productive) so I don't know how much they are.
    Last edited by Simple Man; 10-29-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Get yourself one of those Targus DisplayLink universal docking stations and a couple of large monitors for when you are at home and thank me later.

I thought you were asking about buying a surface drive boat motor- then I read and see this is all about computers.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    You need an iPad.....
    This. I had access to the top of the line Surface Pro ($2000) and it could not keep up with my iPad Air much less and iPad Pro. THE ONLY mission that an iPad does not do well is Excel. It will work and I do use it on there, but for real spreadsheet work, you need a real keyboard which could be an iPad with a keyboard. The Surface will either be abandoned (think Microsoft Windows phones) or sold. Microsoft has great margins on software and sh!t margins on any hardware they have ever tried to build. Plus other PC and tablet builders do not appreciate using the operating system of a direct competitor. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

People are ditching the nav systems on their boats and going with iPads now to travel the world. It is amazing the tech we have at our fingertips these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Jozie, KMA.

HS, it's like an iPad for people that aren't still on AOL. But it still works like a real (read: non-Apple based PC) computer. Microsoft makes it. Has a keypad with it so you don't have to type on a touch screen.
    Yeap. It's a tablet for people that might use it for something more than angry birds and facebook. It's the only true merger of a tablet and pc.

I have one, and I hate it. The keys popped off of the keyboard accessory and got lost, and when I try to just use it as a tablet, it gets so damned hot you can't leave it on your lap. The fan runs nonstop. Oh, and don't get me started about turning it on, and getting the message that its going to update for the next hour and there's not a thing you can do about it.

My wife hates it, too. She's ordering a standard laptop as we speak.