Thread: Brandon to Bassmasters Elites

Default Brandon to Bassmasters Elites

Looks like a Brandon will be moving over to the Bassmasters Elite series. He has had a pretty good run at FLW hope he can continue in the Elites. His sponsors are pretty happy with the move. With the shakeup in professsional fishing I believe around 20 FLW guys received invitations to BASS.

Awesome. Congratulations to the young man.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

I bet right about now it's raining pussy.

I'm sure he will do well
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Tell him congrats. He will do well there too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

go get em, brandon!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

This is awesome. Congrats Brandon

Go get them Brandon!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Congrats!

B.A.S.S. announced historic changes to the Bassmaster Elite Series on Monday, a move seen by many as triggered by the kickoff of a competing circuit just announced by former Bassmaster Elite Pro Boyd Duckett of Guntersville.

According to Bruce Akin, CEO of B.A.S.S., which is headquartered in Birmingham, the 2019 Elite season will see a smaller field, vastly increased payouts, dramatically reduced entry fees and the promise of more exposure through the company's media platforms.

First, the 2019 Elite Series field size will be based on 80 anglers, down from 110 last year. This reduction in the number of competitors will not only allow the pros to get more exposure through B.A.S.S. media platforms, according to Akin, but also will improve their odds of winning and qualifying for the Bassmaster Classic.

The new format features three no-entry fee events that will payout $1 million each: the Toyota Bassmaster Texas Fest, the Bassmaster Angler of the Year Championship and the Bassmaster Classic, generally recognized as the Superbowl of bass fishing. Additionally, the eight regular-season Elite Series events will now pay the entire field of anglers, a first in the world of professional fishing. First-place prize will remain $100,000, but now the last-place angler will earn $2,500.

Alongside the three no-entry fee events, B.A.S.S. cut regular-season entry fees by $5,375. So, the season entry fee for Elite Series anglers is now $43,000. Because every angler is guaranteed to make at least $23,500, the total out of pocket expense for entry is cut to $19,500.

Akin said B.A.S.S. is also providing a $20,000 credit to anglers who competed in the 2018 Elite Series season and who take advantage of an early entry fee offer, giving these fishermen a $500 surplus above participation fees.

"For the first time in the history of professional bass fishing, anglers are actually being paid by the league to fish," Akin said.

In total, B.A.S.S. is investing an additional $3 million in payouts and reduced entry fees for the 2019 Elite Series.

The organization also announced an increased investment in exposure opportunities for the pros. Starting with the 2019 season, the popular Bassmaster LIVE show on Bassmaster.com will be produced all four days of Elite Series events. Plus, there will be live-streaming cameras on every boat on semi-final Saturday, as well as Bassmaster LIVE cameras on every angler for Championship Sunday.

The Bassmasters TV show is being revamped with a renewed focus of on-the-water footage featuring more anglers, catching more bass. Other opportunities for Elite Series anglers to get exposure for their sponsors include Bassmaster Magazine, which has a readership of 4.4 million; B.A.S.S. Times, which reaches 100,000 of the nation's most avid anglers; Bassmaster Radio, which airs on 200 stations on the SB Nation network; and Bassmaster.com, which averages over 1 million unique visitors per month.

"We want the world to know that B.A.S.S. and our stable of sponsors are committed to growing the sport of bass fishing," Akin said. "Ray Scott launched the sport and industry 50 years ago with the creation of B.A.S.S., and we will continue to push his vision forward for the next 50 years."

Meantime, Boyd Duckett has announced that the new Major League Fishing (MLF) Tour also has plenty of financial and media muscle behind it. The 80-angler, invitation-only trail is a collaboration between the Professional Bass Tour Anglers Association (MLF anglers) and Outdoor Sportsman Group, which is parent company of the Outdoor Channel and BassFan. Title sponsorship is from the largest player in the industry, Bass Pro Shops.

Regular tour events will pay out more than $700,000 per event, with the championship purse exceeding $1.2 million. Competing anglers will also have a seat at the table for decisions affecting the competitions, according to Duckett.

According to John Johnson at BassFan, the identities of all of the invitees are not presently known, but the list includes many of the top names in the sport and the majority are current Bassmaster Elite Series competitors. It includes the 28 anglers who compete at MLF's Cup level (Tommy Biffle, Denny Brauer, Brent Chapman, Jason Christie, Mark Davis, Ott DeFoe, Duckett, Brent Ehrler, Edwin Evers, Shaw Grigsby, Greg Hackney, Tim Horton, Mike Iaconelli, Alton Jones, Kelly Jordon, Gary Klein, Jeff Kriet, Bobby Lane, Aaron Martens, Mike McClelland, Ish Monroe, Andy Montgomery, Takahiro Omori, Keith Poche, Skeet Reese, Dean Rojas, Kevin VanDam and Jacob Wheeler).

The made-for-television format will follow an immediate catch-and-release regimen, with all scorable bass weighed and let go on the spot. Anglers will know their place in the standings throughout each tournament day. The anglers will be asked to make a 3-year commitment that will not prohibit them from fishing with any other organization, but will make concurrent participation in the Elite Series or FLW Tour likely impossible due to simple logistics.

If the new circuit succeeds--and it seems possible given the players behind it--the national bass tournament scene may open up added slots for new anglers to become big names, while at the same time pulling away some of the famed fishermen who have built their reputation on B.A.S.S. and FLW events. On the other hand, how much the market will bear in high-entry tournaments requiring expensive gear and extensive travel expenses remains to be seen--2019 should present an interesting tournament scene.

He will do fine. Congrats to him.

Interesting shake-up to the competitive bass fishing world.

So much awesome! Keep us updated through the season. Great job Pops! I know you are proud...

Does Brandon consider this a career promotion, or a different challenge, or just a change of scenery? I don't have an opinion, just curious. Thanks
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

Congrats to Brandon and a proud Papa!! We'll see you guys in April at Georgetown!!
    Tight Lines

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDUX View Post
    Does Brandon consider this a career promotion, or a different challenge, or just a change of scenery? I don't have an opinion, just curious. Thanks
    He views this change as a good career move. FLW has been great for him, they have a very good starting system into Professional fishing whether the BFLs,Costas series then the Tour. The FLW Tour level payout and entry fees are better, but BASS is the rock of tournament bass fishing-everyone including a lot of non-fishermen know the Bassmasters Classic. This makes sponsorships in BASS much more valuable, he has seen this already with his current sponsors. They are excited about his move. The competition is great in both leagues. The good thing now about BASS is it’s only 80 competitors vs FLW is 150+. I feel like it’s a great move for him, I’m amazed how many people up until now (moving to BASS) would say “one day you will make it”.

Very good. Thank you. I am sure he will continue to do well.
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)