Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: A defining moment for our survival

Quote Originally Posted by DUCKBLINDNESS View Post
    thats cool im against unlawful entry too

you know that the members of the caravan are seeking LEGAL asylum tho im sure
    Do you know that Mexico offered them asylum and actually brought the government to the caravan to sign people up? They all refused.

Default A defining moment for our survival

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Do you know that Mexico offered them asylum and actually brought the government to the caravan to sign people up? They all refused.
    Ding , ding, ding... we have a winner.

You are supposed to seek refuge in the first country to which you enter after fleeing your homeland. Mexico, like the US, is a signatory of the UN Convention and Protocol Relating to Refugees. Mexico, as per its duties under the Convention, offered these people refuge. They have apparently refused. Game over. When they reach the US border, they can be asked "were you offered refuge in Mexico" and/or "have you registered with NMI (Mexico's rough equivalent of US/DHS/USCIS)?" You can't pick and choose where you go as a refugee.

I copied the above from a friend from my Citadel company who used to work on refugee and asylum issues (US govt refugee officer assignments in Iraq, Nepal and Jordan and migration officer assignments in Ciudad Juarez and San Salvador and asylum officer tours in Southern Texas).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boondoggle; 10-28-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"