Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bamas Automatic Bid

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Is this some kind of shocking revelation to You? This your first year as a fan of college football?
    Seriously? The depth of my question too much for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    Yall are missing the point. If a 1 loss conference champ can be left out for a 1 loss non conference champ, then why use conference championships as a reason for playoffs? Would they let Clemson, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Michigan, or any other team in with 1 loss and no championship? No. So why does Bama get that advantage?

The playoff committee isn’t picking conference champions. They have a simple task- pick the 4 best teams based on the body of work. Bama gets an advantage because they are constantly the best team in the land until proven otherwise.

Wouldn’t put it past Saban to drop a game so his team can rest that championship week and not risk injury.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Wouldn’t put it past Saban to drop a game so his team can rest that championship week and not risk injury.
    And this is a luxury no one should have. I maybe can understand losing in a championship game but to not win your division and make the playoff is not right, imho. Which means absolutely nothing.

Expansion of the playoff will hinge on non-conference championships and probably an at-large bid to a non-power 5 school. I think 4 teams is just right, but it's creating a sport with no parody. 10 or so teams have a shot, and then there's everyone else. It's turning into the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Expansion of the playoff will hinge on non-conference championships and probably an at-large bid to a non-power 5 school. I think 4 teams is just right, but it's creating a sport with no parody. 10 or so teams have a shot, and then there's everyone else. It's turning into the NBA.
    Parody? Sure there’s a parody in college football, they play in Columbia, SC.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Playoff expansion is the answer
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Playoff expansion is the answer
    Yep. End the conference championships as a result of expanding. (I'm sure Carolina fans won't object) If you can't make it to the playoff, does it really matter if you win your conference? Keeps teams from having to beat each other up prior to playoffs for a game that doesn't really matter anymore.
    Last edited by wskinner; 10-21-2018 at 10:51 PM.

I understand how the current playoff system works and it much better than anything we have ever had, however nothing is perfect

I do think a school needs to be a conference champion to be in the playoffs, don’t care who it is . With that said we all know the reason they do not hinge playoffs on Conference Champions since that would leave the holy NOTRE DAME out every year

If I recall years ago Urban “cry baby Myer” was quoted as saying if you do not win you conference then you do not deserve to be in the 4 team playoff. Changed his mind when he was “That team” that got in either way
    Last edited by tprice; 10-22-2018 at 07:13 AM.

4 teams are fine, it’s worked out right every year since the inception. 8 teams in isn’t going to change that, one of the top 4 seeds will win. And the committee looks at a lot more metrics than conference championships.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

It looks like both UCF and USF both will be indefeated. This will expose the shortfall of a 4 team playoff system.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    It looks like both UCF and USF both will be indefeated. This will expose the shortfall of a 4 team playoff system.

Bullshit, neither team would even be in the game after the first half against one of the top 4. There is a reason they aren't even going to sniff the playoffs ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Bullshit, neither team would even be in the game after the first half against one of the top 4. There is a reason they aren't even going to sniff the playoffs ever.
    That may be true, but UCF hasn't lost in 2 years and beat the only team that beat Alabama last year. Their argument is legit.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 10-22-2018 at 07:43 AM.

That may be true, but UCF hasn't lost in 2 years and beat the only team that beat Alabama last year. Their argument is legit.

So, what happens when you put UCF as a #4 Seed against Bama? The game's over at the kickoff. Put them against this team emerging from Clemson right now, it's over after the first quarter. Hell, put them against ND, LSU, Michigan and it's not a contest after a half. After Auburn's RB got hurt last year, they were hammered dogshit and it hasn't changed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    So, what happens when you put UCF as a #4 Seed against Bama? The game's over at the kickoff. Put them against this team emerging from Clemson right now, it's over after the first quarter. Hell, put them against ND, LSU, Michigan and it's not a contest after a half. After Auburn's RB got hurt last year, they were hammered dogshit and it hasn't changed this year.
    I don't think UCF is as good this year, but they could hold their own against a few of those teams. Last year they would have beaten some of them.

If y'all had played them in the first few weeks this year.......you would be on the 8 team playoff ban wagon.

I don't think UCF is as good this year, but they could hold their own against a few of those teams. Last year they would have beaten some of them.

If y'all had played them in the first few weeks this year.......you would be on the 8 team playoff ban wagon.

Nope, 4 is enough whether the Tigers are in or not.

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

UCF has the Catdaddy curse now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    UCF has the Catdaddy curse now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

UCF is not that good this year. They had a close game two weeks ago.............and we know what close games with a weak SOS looks like.

.............and we know what close games with a weak SOS looks like.
    yep, leads to embarrassing playoff matchups