Thread: 4wd truck rental

Default 4wd truck rental

Does any body know the best route to go for renting a truck? I need one for the dirt/mud roads of kansas this fall. The best deal i have found so far is $400 a week .

Dude, if you find one, let me know. Where did you find one for only 400 per week? Does that include insurance and roadside assistance? The cheapest I have found is around 800!
    Psalm 23

enterprise truck rental, Topeka ks

I priced one at enterprise and hertz and they wanted close to a grand for the week. Drove my 2wd instead
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

$400 for the week is as cheap as you'll find it.

$400 was the quote I got online.im calling today and talking to someone I don't trust online quotes.

that's prob without any insurance. It was cheap if I used my insurance company but if I got the loaded one from enterprise it went through the roof. My luck I hit a damn moose with it and then it falls in quicksand and is burnt up by a volcano eruption. Im sorry sir, that's not covered, you owe us for a new truck.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

We rented a 4WD minivan from Enterprise in NoDak and it was great. We bought tarps and tape from Walmart and completely lined the floor and walls. The ground clearance was not as good as a truck would have been but was perfect for the dirt roads and weather we had. I would say that a >$60 per day for a 4WD truck sounds pretty good to me. Just remember those bastards (all rental companies) are notorious for not having the vehicle you requested when you get there. MG

Dum Spiro Spero

I'll tell you a little story...

A fellow SCducker regularly takes hunting excursions out west, to Montana and Wyoming, I believe are the states. He made arrangements with one of the generic car rental places for specifically a 4wd truck on specific dates. He flew out there, and when he got to the airport his promised vehicle "was not available." Said they did that to him on at least 2 or 3 occasions before he finally said screw it and now be just drives out there on his own.

He may see this and offer up more insight, but this is the cliff notes version as I understood it. I was told this story directly after asking him why the hell he drives out there every time when he goes west to hunt.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 02-17-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Maybe give www.Turo.com a shot.

Just had a coworker introduce this to me the other day. It seems way better than using rental car companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had a 4wd Jeep Wrangler from budget for 6 days in Colorado this past week. I believe it was right around $600 with their insurance but I also use some kind of benefits my workplace offers and it gives me a certain percentage off. I was impressed too much with the Jeep interior or exterior that much, I’m 6’4 so I was alittle crammed. But I couldn’t get that bastard stuck.

I saw the budget out there had a bunch of 4wd trucks for rent as well. Maybe look them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7