Thread: 10/19 8 point

Default 10/19 8 point

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Caught him trailing a doe in a beanfield this evening, 4 1/2 years old 170 lbs. I passed this buck several times last year and found one of his sheds. He disappeared around the first of September and finally showed back up last Saturday.

Nice job
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Good job.

Nice un’

Nice deer
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Very nice!

Good one!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Nice, lets hear the story

Congrats

Here's the story. This buck showed up last year around this time and was the most regular daytime feeder that I have seen as a 3 year old deer. He would be in the same foodplot 3 times a day from October until the season ended which probably kept him from getting shot by the neighbors because he didn't roam near as much as the other 3 year olds I was seeing. Anyways I last saw him on the last day of the season and found one of his sheds laying next to a ditchbank between two beanfields on the other side the farm in February. I run cameras year round and didn't get a single velvet picture of him all year as well as some of the other bucks I passed up seemed to be missing as well. I assumed that was because the farmer planted about 40 acres of tobacco on the side the farm that most of the bucks were bedding on.

Come Septemebr 19th this year I got one series of pictures of him in a freshly planted oat and wheat plot in the middle of the night and he was with two more 4 year old bucks that I had also passed last year and had the sheds from. I assumed they all must have spent the summer in the same place and were flooded out during the hurricane since about 400 acres of the swamp went from bone dry to 8 feet deep. The other bucks stuck around for a few days and disappeared again and this one left as well or at least they've just managed to not walk in front of any of the cameras. Anyways he showed back up at 6:20 pm on the 13th while I was at a wedding and he's been on camera in that foodplot every night at different times this week. Yesterday morning I sat the stand I was getting pictures of him on and at 7:30am my dad text me wanting to know what stand I was at. He hasn't hunted all year so if figured maybe he wanted to come sit for a couple hours while it was cold since he saw a nice 8 point chasing a doe in the yard. But instead he tells me my 2nd cousin saw a big buck standing on the side of the highway trying to cross from my farm to a cornfield behind some houses. He stopped to look at him and the buck ran back into a hedgerow that borders one of my beanfields. Not knowing what deer it was I stopped and pulled a trail camera card on the way to work and this buck had been in that beanfield all day long at multiple different times during the day on Thursday chasing a doe.

I figured he may come back Friday evening and at 6:20 he stepped out behind a doe and worked a scrape. I waited for him to finish peeing in the scrape and shot him as he started to trot after the doe. The weirdest part was as I was loading him up in the truck my cousin was sitting beside the road watching a 200 lb plus 18 inch 8 point as he described it taking the same trail this buck did trailing that doe across the other beanfield but I couldn't see him through the thin hedgerow. So I guess I owe him a thank you not only for helping me kill this deer because I didn't know he was on this side the farm but for letting le know there's another mature buck hanging out around these beanfields that border the highway. That was kind of a long story so please ignore any errors, I'm typing this on an I phone before I get up to go hunting.

Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Very nice

Good job, congrats to you.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Nice

Good job

That's staying on em. Now go get that 200lber

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-20-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Nice WTBD’ing.