Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever culled does?

my only word of advice is to slowly ramp up the killing, pay attention to fawn recruitment in the spring, and base your hunting off that. i don't know how many acres you're working with, but depending on size it may be worth it to get a biologist to come out there and walk the property with you and give you some first-hand knowledge and advice. just be cautious going too gung-ho about whacking every single doe you see and hurting your deer population.

we enrolled in the ADQP program a few years ago and shoot ~30 does a year on 2000 acres. we have noticed an increase in buck size, buck spottings and rut activity. it has certainly made a difference on our property.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Is there enough QUALITY food year round to support that many deer?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I know 4 kids that would approve of their dad goin' code BLOUWCH on a gaggle of sookies like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I know 4 kids that would approve of their dad goin' code BLOUWCH on a gaggle of sookies like that.

Hate-shooting girl deer with a quota to meet is about the most fun a man can have with his pants on
    Last edited by wiz18; 10-19-2018 at 11:25 AM.

29 to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Is there enough QUALITY food year round to support that many deer?
    Not around here. Why we take out as many as we do.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmallard View Post
    By not harvesting does, you are very likely supplying bucks to the surrounding properties. Yearling male dispersal is an evolutionary strategy to prevent inbreeding and when you harvest very few does, most of your bucks are forced to leave their mother's home range and likely leave your property. Your club is large enough to qualify for the deer quota program so for the $50 application fee you could easily get enough doe tags to even your sex ratio and drastically increase the excitement of the rut on your property.
    Yep, certainly a valid point and true.
    Genesis 9;2