Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In the Interest of Being Fair, Trump Has Done a Very Stupid thing

Default In the Interest of Being Fair, Trump Has Done a Very Stupid thing

It's not about Elizabeth Warren or Stormy Daniels, its that he has endorsed and doubled-down on corn. Specifically, ETHANOL. There is less than zero non-political reasons to even consider ethanol a good fuel alternative. However, Iowa being the first caucus state, we are going to be swimming in ehtanol for many more years. Well I guess we are not giving billions to Iran or licking the UN's balls, so that is a good thing. Right? MG

https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/10/13/...ethanol-lobby/

Donald Trump Caves To The Ethanol Lobby
    The president’s policy on ethanol will hurt consumers and the environment …

FB Tw Email Print
    Published 3 days ago on October 13, 2018 By FITSNews
    With an eye on his 2020 reelection bid, U.S. president Donald Trump held a rally in Iowa earlier this week where he announced that his administration was lifting a “ban” on expanded ethanol fuel blends.

Specifically, Trump is directing his Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to begin a rule-making process that would allow the sale of corn-based ethanol fuels to include “E15,” or gasoline that is comprised of 15 percent ethanol by volume.

The ethanol-blended fuels currently in use are mostly 10 percent ethanol by volume.

On the surface, this sounds great. Not only is Trump ostensibly relaxing an onerous government regulation, ethanol supporters insist lifting this limit will be good for consumers, farmers and the environment.

“Consumers will have more choices when they fill up at the pump, including environmentally friendly fuel with decreased emissions,” Trump’s secretary of agriculture Sonny Perdue said. “It is also an excellent way to use our high corn productivity and improved yields.”

As this news outlet has consistently noted, though, when it comes to ethanol … nothing is what it seems.

First of all, let’s address the patently ridiculous assertion that this gratuitous sop to early-voting Iowa somehow involves lifting a government mandate. It doesn’t. In fact it takes an existing mandate – the Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) – and makes it worse.

The RFS – which dates back to the administration of former president George W. Bush – mandates that a certain percentage of transportation fuel sold in the United States be comprised of renewable sources (i.e. corn).
    continued....
    Dum Spiro Spero

I have nothing good to say about corn ethanol fuels.

I thought ‘the future’ was in hemp-based ethanol? If so, that sure seems to make more sense from what I recall.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

its all part of his plan.

get on the damn train.

elizabeth warren is part of the plan. i guess being made to look like an idiot is part of it, too.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Farmelfare continues to be a thing. With his cash advance to big farma to offset their losses due to tarrifs, why is this surprising?

It's the long con and Q is on the job. Disregard the fact we have the largest deficit since 2012. It's repubelickins spending/printing it so it's okay this time.

There is a very real non-political reason. It has to do with the marginal cost of production being exponetial. When the rubber meets the road, a 10% reduction in demand for crude oil (gasoline) can result in a much greater than 10% drop in the commodity price of crude.

Besides, it's a vote-winning farm subsidy.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Farmelfare continues to be a thing. With his cash advance to big farma to offset their losses due to tarrifs, why is this surprising?

It's the long con and Q is on the job. Disregard the fact we have the largest deficit since 2012. It's repubelickins spending/printing it so it's okay this time.
    It ain't cheap to make America great. We'll worry about the credit card bill next month.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its all part of his plan.

get on the damn train.

elizabeth warren is part of the plan. i guess being made to look like an idiot is part of it, too.
    What am I missing on the Elizabeth Warren story other than the media would like it to be a story? Didn't it come back that she was between 1/64 and 1/1000 Indian or some such nonsense?

If the best chance scenario is that you are 1.5% Indian and you beat your chest about that and it somehow becomes a major news story, then we are screwed worse than I thought.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 10-16-2018 at 10:44 AM.

There will come a day when the only appropriate thing to do when the subject of Trump comes up will be to post a link to Shel Silverstein's The Winner, sung by Bobby Bare.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

From the mouth of a big farmer here in the Midwest. Obama sold more guns, Trump has sold more grain bins. He cut 28,000 bushels of corn yesterday, one combine. His words was I hope he knows what he's doing concerning soybeans but he had no bad words about his corn harvest.
    Low country redneck who moved north

stripa's finding new ways to pretend to explain things in ways no one can understand....

and i guess the elizabeth warren thing is silly enough that she is saying "i told you so" and he's just dumb enough to respond with more name calling. Its silly and horribly unbecoming of a sitting president IN MY OPINION.

He just called Stormy "horseface" this will not go well. X

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 10-16-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Its silly and horribly unbecoming of a sitting president IN MY OPINION.
    You mean you dont love the fact that he "just says what he thinks"? What kind of Democrat lovin , peta supporter are you!?!?!
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    He just called Stormy "horseface" this will not go well. X

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Yep.

But for some reason the chicks that are triggered will be a result of rule 24.

#24: Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    It ain't cheap to make America great. We'll worry about the credit card bill next month.

What am I missing on the Elizabeth Warren story other than the media would like it to be a story? Didn't it come back that she was between 1/64 and 1/1000 Indian or some such nonsense?

If the best chance scenario is that you are 1.5% Indian and you beat your chest about that and it somehow becomes a major news story, then we are screwed worst than I thought.
    Actually it was 1/1024th, the average American born white person has double that amount. Oh, and her DNA was not compared to any American tribe, it was compared to natives of Mesoamerica, Mexico and Peru. There is no such thing as tribal DNA. You can read what anthropologist Kim Tallbear says about it in an interview at New Science.

Or better yet what Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr says:

Last edited by Mergie Master; 10-16-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Making Merica great again!IMG_20181016_113516841.jpg
    Low country redneck who moved north

Well, looks like Ms. Daniels has fired back...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present your president. In addition to his...umm...shortcomings, he has demonstrated his incompetence, hatred of women and lack of self control on Twitter AGAIN! And perhaps a penchant for bestiality. Game on, Tiny."

This is incredible.

incredible? I can only laugh at you people that say "there is no hope for society" after you comment on some democrat.

now we have our president and a hooker exchanging dick jokes on twitter?? and THAT doesnt worry you?

now we have our president and a hooker exchanging dick jokes on twitter?? and THAT doesnt worry you?
    Lolz....I mean WTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth hurts I reckon. Just can't say anything anymore.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

incredible? I can only laugh at you people that say "there is no hope for society" after you comment on some democrat.

It's the new norm. Get off the tracks or get on the train.

I just tweeted about you.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Since We Are In The DNA Mode

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."