Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When do you use tow mode

I always use my Tow mode while pulling my Polaris. Why not?

There's not enough nerd in my blood to force me to read a manual.

When I'm towing stuff. Duh
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I use it every time I have a trailer hooked up. Everytime

usually on flat ground around the lowcountry if the weight being pulled is less than 2000 lbs- no( the 2000 lbs was from the owners manual)
    if towing in the hills- always

I think I drove all the way to the phuckin keys without putting it in tow mode.

I am so dumb...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The general public never ceases to amaze me....it's mind boggling how some folks can make it from Monday to Tuesday, much less Monday-Sunday without doing irreparable harm to either themselves, others, and/or both.

ETA:. That wasn't a rifle shot at you LED....just a scattergun blast at the OP and others.... I just shake my head at some of the questions people put out on this board seeking input on
    Last edited by FishSticker; 10-16-2018 at 09:41 AM.

When hauling our 30' travel trailer I like to go no tow mode and cruise control on and just watch that rascal redline. I mean I use synthetics so I should be good.

Mechanics got to eat too.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    The general public never ceases to amaze me....it's mind boggling how some folks can make it from Monday to Tuesday, much less Monday-Sunday without doing irreparable harm to either themselves, others, and/or both.

ETA:. That wasn't a rifle shot at you LED....just a scattergun blast at the OP and others.... I just shake my head at some of the questions people put out on this board seeking input on
    So you're saying everyone should just PM you directly to pose their questions, All-Knowing One?

Conversation starter was purpose, never hurts to get people to think. You should try it..

Whenever I have something hooked to the ball, I also hit the button for the Jake brake. No sense wearing out pads/shoe on either the trailer or truck.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I didn’t read it that way. I have moved so many times I have used tow mode a lot but for some damn reason I don’t think I remembered to hit that button in our Burban on the way to the keys. I guess I will have to go back and try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    So you're saying everyone should just PM you directly to pose their questions, All-Knowing One?
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Conversation starter was purpose, never hurts to get people to think. You should try it..
    "Hey...I walked into a room...its dark! Should I turn on the light switch?? I don't know what to do. Standby, Let me ask the braintrust of SCDucks...."

"Hey...I walked into a room...its dark! Should I turn on the light switch?? I don't know what to do. Standby, Let me ask the braintrust of SCDucks...."
    Dude, who gives a flying fuck what people ask. If you think its dumb dont fucking read it or reply to the thread, its really simple.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 10-16-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Idk, I dont know spanish.
    Underrated post

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I use it every time I pull my boat.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    If I have something attached, it is in tow mode.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Dude, who gives a flying fuck what people ask. If you think its dumb dont fucking read it or reply to the thread, its really simple.

It's OK sport....I didn't realize I had the skeet choke in that scattergun.

For what it's worth, try a little of your own advice....you don't like what I write? Don't read it...it's really that simple.

But yet you continue to prove yourself to be some early 20's punk that Daddy obviously needed to spend a little more time with the strap on....

As you were....

It's OK sport....I didn't realize I had the skeet choke in that scattergun.

For what it's worth, try a little of your own advice....you don't like what I write? Don't read it...it's really that simple.

But yet you continue to prove yourself to be some early 20's punk that Daddy obviously needed to spend a little more time with the strap on....

As you were....
    Ah there it is. Must have struck a nerve with that one. As far as my Daddy and a belt, i got my ass beat quite a bit, but thats none of your fucking business. As I needed a few more spankings, seems like you needed a couple more ass whippings from someone other than your Daddy. You're a know it all douche bag, own it.

Ah there it is. Must have struck a nerve with that one. As far as my Daddy and a belt, i got my ass beat quite a bit, but thats none of your fucking business. As I needed a few more spankings, seems like you needed a couple more ass whippings from someone other than your Daddy. You're a know it all douche bag, own it.
    To quote Glenn....

"There's muh fish...."