Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always know what you're shooting and what is behind it

Default Always know what you're shooting and what is behind it

Terrible situation here in town.

Retired marine was sitting on his porch Wednesday night and was killed by a single gunshot wound.
    I was talking with someone from the sheriffs dept. in town Friday night at a restaraunt and was told one theory they had was that it was a kid(s). They said given that school was out the next day because of weather conditions kids may have been running around and cutting up later than usual because several other road signs were shot up in that area. He even went as far as to say that the shooter probably didn't even know they had killed anybody. A 17yr old turned himself in yesterday.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thest...219889690.html

http://www.indexjournal.com/news/cri...ign=user-share
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Man that is horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Sad.

Damn that is horrible
    More fuel = more boost!!

Prayers for his family. That's an awful way to go, especially for his kin that were home.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Wow. That’s awful. Prayers for the family and the kid

Damn

Aweful

Damn that's terrible

Glad the young man did the right thing by turning himself in. Hate it for the mans family.

Terrible indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Damn, that's terrible
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

that is a terrible story, I just thought about the Carowinds incident from 1987 where a 16 year old girl is on a float in the wave pool took a bullet to the back of the head and killed her. The bullet was from a range "about a mile away" and came from an AK-47 in full auto mode. Three men were charged. There were 2,000 in the pool and she was the only one killed. "Know your target and WAY beyond" in this case. I guess they were doing the middle eastern birthday party shoot in the sky thing. Also hard to believe it was over 30 years ago. MG

https://www.apnews.com/62d5ce8fac17a760063ee5f812f5fea6

Five Face Gun Charge in Shootings At Amusement Park
    June 19, 1987
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) _ Five men were charged today with possessing an unregistered machine gun in the June 7 shooting that left a teen-age girl dead and a 6-year-old girl wounded at an amusement park.

Michelle Ann Sexton, 16, of Rock Hill, S.C., was killed while swimming on a raft at a wave pool at Carowinds Amusement Park. Investigators said a large- caliber bullet hit her in the back and exited her chest.

Ahesha Rollins, who was playing about 50 feet away from Miss Sexton, was hit in the abdomen by what investigators believe was a second bullet. She was hospitalized for five days.

Last edited by Maggie Glover; 10-16-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

That is a horrible situation. Prayers to the man's family.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    that is a terrible story, I just thought about the Carowinds incident from 1987 where a 16 year old girl is on a float in the wave pool took a bullet to the back of the head and killed her. The bullet was from a range "about a mile away" and came from an AK-47 in full auto mode. Three men were charged. There were 2,00 in the pool and she was the only one killed. "Know your target and WAY beyond" in this case. I guess they were doing the middle eastern birthday party shoot in the sky thing. Also hard to believe it was over 30 years ago. MG

[/SIZE]

Very hard to believe that was 30 years ago. I pass by their house every time I go back to Rock Hill and think about that being a freak accident from a negligent act.

that is a terrible story, I just thought about the Carowinds incident from 1987 where a 16 year old girl is on a float in the wave pool took a bullet to the back of the head and killed her. The bullet was from a range "about a mile away" and came from an AK-47 in full auto mode. Three men were charged. There were 2,00 in the pool and she was the only one killed. "Know your target and WAY beyond" in this case. I guess they were doing the middle eastern birthday party shoot in the sky thing. Also hard to believe it was over 30 years ago. MG

June 19, 1987
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) _ Five men were charged today with possessing an unregistered machine gun in the June 7 shooting that left a teen-age girl dead and a 6-year-old girl wounded at an amusement park.

Michelle Ann Sexton, 16, of Rock Hill, S.C., was killed while swimming on a raft at a wave pool at Carowinds Amusement Park. Investigators said a large- caliber bullet hit her in the back and exited her chest.

Ahesha Rollins, who was playing about 50 feet away from Miss Sexton, was hit in the abdomen by what investigators believe was a second bullet. She was hospitalized for five days.

That incident has never left my mind. I thought of the same thing, and it pops up every time something like this happens.

Unreal

both incidents
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

This is why I’m scared to death to hunt from the ground with a rifle. I’m always worried what is on the other side of the property line if I mis or there is a deflection

Read in the paper today that the boy who did the shooting pled guilty and was sentenced to 5yrs
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

that is a terrible story, I just thought about the Carowinds incident from 1987 where a 16 year old girl is on a float in the wave pool took a bullet to the back of the head and killed her. The bullet was from a range "about a mile away" and came from an AK-47 in full auto mode. Three men were charged. There were 2,000 in the pool and she was the only one killed. "Know your target and WAY beyond" in this case. I guess they were doing the middle eastern birthday party shoot in the sky thing. Also hard to believe it was over 30 years ago. MG

June 19, 1987

I was only 7 and like HS...have never forgotten this.

Sad situation for this kid but life has consequences.

I grew up a 1/2 mile down the road from Michelle and was the same age as her brother. I shoot fairly regular and have never shot a rifle above head high and do everything I can to understand what is behind my target.