Thread: RCBS 1500 Charge Master...

Default RCBS 1500 Charge Master...

is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Probably better.

Don’t ever look at the auto throw and auto trickler than.

It has it all. What a great machine.

Crazy thing is a good powder thrower is 10x faster and more accurate than the RCBS, Hornady, and Lyman units. The only one worth the coin is the auto throw units bstick speaks of
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

There are some tricks you can do to the chargemaster to make it more accurate but that’s it. It’s still a +\- .1 scale.

When i used a chargemaster I would throw .1 under and trickle up on my gempro. It took forever but I got the results I wanted.

Straw trick and re programming the chargemaster will help.

There is a reducing insert that greatly improves accuracy. I weight every 4-5 charges and have been pleased. Available on Ebay.

I get single digit SDs and ESs with my Chargemaster. Not as fast as the auto triclers but more than accurate enough IMO.
    If my load is in the middle of the accuracy node +/- .1 doesn't make a difference anyway. With the insert referenced above, I get very few over/ under throws. The Hornady and Lyman are garbage.

Several good articles comparing the auto triclers, Chargemaster, and conventional powder dispensers. The results caused much butthurt. In a nutshell most people would gain more from improving their wind reading and positional shooting skills.
    Last edited by FLS; 10-16-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Been very pleased with mine other than being slow. Beats the hell out of a balance beam and hand trickler.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post

Straw trick and re programming the chargemaster will help.

Do tell.... What's these tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I get single digit SDs and ESs with my Chargemaster. Not as fast as the auto triclers but more than accurate enough IMO.
    If my load is in the middle of the accuracy node +/- .1 doesn't make a difference anyway. With the insert referenced above, I get very few over/ under throws. The Hornady and Lyman are garbage.

Several good articles comparing the auto triclers, Chargemaster, and conventional powder dispensers. The results caused much butthurt. In a nutshell most people would gain more from improving their wind reading and positional shooting skills.
    My chargemaster was a solid +\- .1 scale. My 260 didn’t have a wide node. This is why I went to the gempro. There is nothing to compare against the autothrow/trickler. It’s faster. Its more accurate. You also will not see the degree of accuracy of either when shooting a rifle that has a .5 grain wide node. I bought mine purely for speed in which it has cut my reloading time in half but to compare the accuracy and speed to a chargemaster is dumb. I went from 20-30 seconds a throw with the chargemaster at .1 accuracy to 8-9 seconds and a .02 accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Do tell.... What's these tricks?
    http://www.accuracy-tech.com/rcbs-ch...modifications/