Thread: Gunsmith near Charleston

Default Gunsmith near Charleston

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Charleston area. I have an old side by side that's acting up and I'd like to have someone take a look at it. Thanks

Darlington Gun Works or Ronnie Cox in Greenville for those types are the only ones I’d let touch one. Somebody else might have someone though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Looks like I may be in G'ville for Thanksgiving so that may work but it would be nice to have someone closer if anyone has a good suggestion. Thank you

Do not use Carolina rod and gun unless you want to over pay for crappy service

I deal with a guy in Williams. He has worked on a Lefever that I inherited from one grandfather, and a winchester model 12 that I inherited from my other grandfather. He also replaced the barrel on a Remington M1-03 that I have. If you are interested, I will send you his contact information.

ETA : He found a new in the box, original issue barrel to put on my 03. If I remember correctly, it only cost me $225 to walk back out the door with it.
    Last edited by fuzzy; 10-14-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Thank you Fuzzy. I am interested. You have been pleased with his work I presume?

Absolutely. He's an older guy that retired from the shipyard. The only way I will deal with someone else if he decides to quit.

Gene Tanner
    843-562-2678
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

This is the Lefever and Winchester model 12 he worked on for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thomas Jefferson