Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for Any Contractor

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Yep, I just don't understand why
    Cheaper to build.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Pop the siding off, pull the sheathing, bore holes and pull line to T or manifold. Call gas company and have them make the final connections. They may even pull the line for you. Reinstall sheathing, wrap and siding. Repaint affected areas.

Or you can run it along the slab and wall line then stub it through the wall but to me that looks half assed.
    This....that was what I was getting at with the exterior finish...sounds alot more involved than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Cheaper to build.
    And more efficient and without the hassle of the problems that can occur in a crawl space. Don’t get me wrong...slabs have their problems and issues as well...i.e. this thread for example but to each his own

Reeltight, with all due respect, you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Slab house is the Kia of the house.
    Last edited by charlie horse; 10-14-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    And more efficient and without the hassle of the problems that can occur in a crawl space. Don’t get me wrong...slabs have their problems and issues as well...i.e. this thread for example but to each his own
    Yeah, no. Cheapest way to get a floor system to stand walls on. Other than that, they aren’t worth a shit.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Reeltight, with all due respect, you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Slab house is the Kia of the house.

I’m not talking about Dr Horton, great southern home, Essex, pick your track builder type housing...in those instances you are right. There are a lot of extremely nice houses around these parts on raised slabs.

Stem wall or mono SOG, doesn’t matter, same thing different form. You can gold plate a turd, in the end it’s still a turd.

That's like building your dream home with eight foot ceilings.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    That's like building your dream home with eight foot ceilings.
    Good example.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Hey. Just throwing this out there. Say, u tell a customer that enginered flooring comes in 10' bundles of random lengths and that u would need to have that much space to place lumber in the residence for acclimation. Customer vacates to a rental he owns for a few weeks. Installation o
    Is completed and customer returns and refused to pay for $32000 of flooring because he understood that every stick would be 10' long. BTW,. He is a risk management assessor vor a major insurance provider.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknfloat2 View Post
    Hey. Just throwing this out there. Say, u tell a customer that enginered flooring comes in 10' bundles of random lengths and that u would need to have that much space to place lumber in the residence for acclimation. Customer vacates to a rental he owns for a few weeks. Installation o
    Is completed and customer returns and refused to pay for $32000 of flooring because he understood that every stick would be 10' long. BTW,. He is a risk management assessor vor a major insurance provider.
    He sounds like an awesome guy. I would go back in and take it up.

Hire a lawyer, start the lien process, take him to small claims court, you’re fucked either way.

Your guy is a dick....
    you need to be a bigger dick than him.

What I thought. My Friend is the contractor. The only bright side of this is his son is an attorney. The homeowner is a dick.

Sounds like he should own a slab home
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

that's why every communication I have with a customer is followed up with an e mail verifying their acceptance of the particulars- doesn't prevent court cases( I have 2 right now, fucking yankees that get the final bill and say sue me for it- that's how they do business up there) but it puts their acceptance in writing if court arises.