Thread: Santee Cooper winter wade fishing, 1984

Default Santee Cooper winter wade fishing, 1984

Wading for largemouths in January.

That’s awesome
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

... Nice. 6-8 weeks later with a Hula Popper at Russelville would be even better.

I've been telling myself for years I need to bring the rods for some after duck hunting fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The original "reality TV"! I used to look for his zebra striped plane to fly into Ocracoke when I was 8 or 9 years old when he would come over and duck and goose hunt with Wayne Teeter every January!

My grandfather waded the lower lake from Jan-March for many years, and kept very detailed records. I have all of those journals, and they caught a lot of big fish over the years. Thanks for posting that video.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

That’s good shit. I threw the shine off a Lil Cleo as a kid in my grandpas’s pond. Also remember “figuring out” that clear sunny day pattern in wintertime after watching either Bill Dance or Roland Martin. Never forget when I first went in the winter on a day like that and slow rolled a black spinner bait and started catching big winter bass. I felt like I had discovered gold.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

what a good memory. Used to watch that show all the time and still wade the lower lake!

Good stuff for sure. Waded a lot in lower lake during the mid to late 1980's. Funny thing is I hardly ever saw and alligator and now they are everywhere.