Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: penzeys spices

Default penzeys spices

(Below is an email I received from a company I buy spices from. I know they lean liberal and support things I dont....and I certainly buy things I want and never consider making a political statement in doing so.....BUT this one is hard to understand and ignore)

I grew up in a Volkswagen bus. My best friend grew up in his father’s navy coat. He died a Marine from a cancer maybe from a war he fought and was left to clean up after. I respect you when you are right, and have no patience when you give up your values to unearned race-based praise. Still, the cliff you are now dropping off of with this week’s events is too steep for anyone to face alone. They fooled you, and shame on them for that. But then you let them fool you again, and again, and again. You and I know what that means. But always remember, you are not alone.

The good news is that you were raised with the strength to take responsibility for your actions. Now’s the time to use that strength to put things right. It won’t be easy. It will be possible. Now’s maybe also the time to use your choice of search engine to type in “Ryan” “Trump” and “textbook” to see, maybe for the first time, that the racism that took over your party long ago was there well before you voted for this administration. Now maybe this week for the first time you can see it. I trust you to find your way to make amends and put your actions right. It’s who you are.

A big part of how cooking works is that it’s a gift. Right now we are already preparing for the holiday season and a couple of big events before then. With our growth we don’t have a lot to spare, but yet in times like these, if cooking teaches us anything, it’s that the value of a gift freely given means all. So in addition to our regularly $19.90 Teacher Gift/Embrace Hope boxes for just $5.95, and regularly $3.29 Pico Fruta and regularly $3.69 amazing Powdered Ginger, both for just $2 each, through Sunday 9.9.18 get two free 1/4-cup jars of your choice up to $5.95 each.

No coupons or codes needed for the Pico Fruta, Ginger, or Teacher/Embrace Hope offers, those are automatic for everyone.

To get your two flat-out free 1/4-cup jars of your choice up to a $5.95 value in our stores, just bring in this email, or the coupon above. Online at penzeys.com, to get your two free 1/4-cup jars, up to $5.95 in value each, simply add them to your cart. When you check out, you will see that the two 1/4-cup jars with the highest prices are marked as free. No coupon or code needed. Online the jars are free too, but standard shipping options apply.

And please, it’s time for you to move your “leaders” to the curb. They’ve fooled you enough. Don’t buy into their new “Vote for us, and we will protect you from us.” You are better than that. Time for you to get back in the game. Your nation needs you.

With great expectations,

Bill Penzey
    bill@penzeys.com

And if you could, please forward this email to those you think would find it of value. We are all in this together. Thanks again.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

WTF?

Oh please send us your reply.

Trump has caused them complete nervous breakdowns. They'll all be in padded rooms before this is done.

EDIT: Oh their FB page says it all. Now I know where the hell your love of soccer came from. You've been consuming pure gayness. Get off that shit NOW!!!
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 09-10-2018 at 01:43 PM.

I usually buy McCormick, I can't help you.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Wisconsin gets weirder and weirder by the day...

Yeah I'm confused.

You don't get that shit with bad byron's butt rub.

It sounds like an email you would get from Ricky Chen.

thank you for forwarding that email to us
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

your (sic) welcome, ziggy.

Do you people think I really give a shit about this stuff? Normally? Hell no. They send me rainbow flags when I order lemon pepper and I stick em on my friend's trucks. Makes no sense to me but I like some of their stuff. BUT, I must admit, they are trying real hard to get me to give a shit and its working.

Congrats on trying to cook better and lead a more tolerant lifestyle.

I didn't choose the soccer life. The soccer life chose me

How is Man City doing this year?

On serious note, he is writing this as if he knows who is writing to. Do you think he sent this to all of his customers? And is "you" supposed to be the voting public? Or did he send it to certain states in his address book? That's my guess.

And I wonder if he knows anything about the jim crow laws and which party was behind those. Probably too busy grinding up lemon and pepper to study up on it.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 09-10-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    On serious note, he is writing this as if he knows who is writing to. Do you think he sent this to all of his customers?
    He sent it to a soccer loving, doesn’t like handguns, guy who buys spices off the internet. He probably assumed the dentist was one of them.
    Last edited by wskinner; 09-10-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Yeah, that just seems like they're being pushy.. I don't like that.

Dizzy pig has some decent spices
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Yeah, that just seems like they're being pushy.. I don't like that.
    thank you

the other people are just being mean.

and who said i didnt like handguns? I just down own one or want one.

and soccer is still cool.

Excuse me, but indifference towards an issue is not permitted in today’s society. If you’re not for it, you’re against it, and if you’re against it, then you’re the enemy. At least that’s what I heard some chick with shorter hair than me say on msnbc.

I didn’t say soccer was uncool, but it is widely known that most soccer fans start their day at Starbucks with an organic soy macchiato with a twist, which is the official drink of Antifa, and I guess you can see where I’m going with this.
    Last edited by wskinner; 09-10-2018 at 03:25 PM.

They're a spice company.. I mean a couple few hundred years back their opinions mattered. They need to just shush and quit all of the nagging.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-10-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Dizzy pig has some decent spices
    So does Bi-Lo

i had starbucks this morning.

and I'm white.

and I buy spices from a company with liberal views.

and I like soccer.

This is an important day for me. I would like to thank you ALL for being a part of it.

I'm an ENIGMA!!! WOOHOO