Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where did the skeeters go?

Yes, but I also talked about yellow jackets getting all picky this time of year. The mosquitoes are pretty shity right now in our swamp, and that bottom near the house ain't happening with me right now.

Agreed on the yellow jackets, my Brittany just got popped by 20 or so this morning.
    And Toof, they don't live that long but they do multiply

indeed. i think thay are born in just a couple of days. and i think the women live longer...but that's the same in humans.

but dewees sprayed with some granular at a time they should've used something in the air.

I still dislike spraying and think whoever it was that sprayed recently wasted some time and money!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

We've sprayed a couple times around the cabin just for some parties.. I quit spraying around the houses because of a few years back I noticed a lack of lightning bugs at the lake house. Kids should be able to chase fireflies.

they should write a song about that...

Dewees is a special sort of breeding ground, no doubt. I tend to agree with you regarding the spraying being a waste of money. I've sprayed the bottled hardware store crap from the end of a hose before a kids party in my yard, worked great til it rained.

what happened to all those "yard foggers" you could buy at the hardware store? we used to bring them out before every gathering....

If you were on the south side of the storm, the wind blew the moquitos and gnats out to sea.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

They are thick again at my house today.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    If you were on the south side of the storm, the wind blew the moquitos and gnats out to sea.
    Well, they found their way home. Sitting in a stand now and the Thermacell is working but that’ll change once the sun sets. They’re setting up a skirmish line outside the perimeter and sending in a few sappers to test the wire.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Yes, it's official. The skeeters are back, and with a vengeance! Return of higher temps, reproduction / second wave or something else? I'm still not sure. But this I know....THEY'RE BACK!
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....