Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painting Vinyl windows

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Probably Marvin Ultimates again. Black like we did in Meggett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    are you a builder or do you work for one? I need a new house built on my land in Adams Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    are you a builder or do you work for one? I need a new house built on my land in Adams Run.
    PM sent, Yes to both.

It's a good looking house for sure. The wife and I have been looking at houses for months now.
    What's a ball park $$$ on 1800 sq ft with sheet rock walls, decent hardwood floor, carpet in the bedrooms, mid level cabinets with granite tops cost?
    Approx. how many days on average to turn key?
    Last edited by scatter shot; 10-12-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Default Painting Vinyl windows

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    It's a good looking house for sure. The wife and I have been looking at houses for months now.
    What's a ball park $$$ on 1800 sq ft with sheet rock walls, decent hardwood floor, carpet in the bedrooms, mid level cabinets with granite tops cost?
    Approx. how many days on average to turn key?
    Loaded question, depends where you’re located. Materials and labor seems to be a good bit more on the coast then other parts of SC

This house is going to end up in the $400k range for 1200 square feet. But lots of upgrades like the appliances are blue star, t&g walls and ceiling, masonry wrap around porch, reclaimed 2”” HOP shelves, metal roof, fire rock insert, mahogany doors.... you get the drift.

Last edited by joeydpga; 10-12-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Yeah, lots of variables drive cost but $333 a sq ft. is too rich for my poor ass.
    We're considering building in the Ballentine/Chapin area.
    In addition to what was stated above, "What's a ball park $$$ on 1800 sq ft with sheet rock walls, decent hardwood floor, carpet in the bedrooms, mid level cabinets with granite tops cost?" we'd try to reduce cost with a architectural shingles, mid range doors and windows, etc.. I'm willing and able to set cabinets, toilets, fixtures etc to save a couple thousand.

Looking to stay around $110.00 sq ft. if possible.

No builder wants the headache of the homeowner helping out
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

$110 a square foot here in the low country is lowes/Home Depot mdf cabinets, fiberglass shower surrounds, laminate flooring, vinyl siding, and treated yp porch.

I know this has been argued on here before but $110 a square foot is going to lower your quality of labor/materials.

What kind of foundation will you build on? Is the second story stacked over the first?

http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

[QUOTE=Duck cutter;2537125]No builder wants the headache of the homeowner helping out[/QUOTE

I understand your point but don't agree with it. I wouldn't be "helping out" IMO. I'd be contracting with the builder for him to provide work to be completed, once he's done he's finished and leaves the house.
    The interior finish work that I can do will be clear cut and would have nothing to do with or interfere with his contract.

[QUOTE=scatter shot;2538733]
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    No builder wants the headache of the homeowner helping out[/QUOTE

I understand your point but don't agree with it. I wouldn't be "helping out" IMO. I'd be contracting with the builder for him to provide work to be completed, once he's done he's finished and leaves the house.
    The interior finish work that I can do will be clear cut and would have nothing to do with or interfere with his contract.
    You won’t get a CO, probably not permanent power and no builder is going to leave a contract or permit open ended for you to finish on your own. Furthermore subs like plumbers aren’t going to rough things in so you can install your own fixtures then call them when it’s not right (not that you per say would do it wrong but some schmuck does his thing, screws it up then tries to blame the sub). Things have changed a lot the last 10-15 years, too much liability and financial risk in this litigious society.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If you say so.

But to answer some of your other questions.
    Believe it or not you'll play a part in how fast the house gets built. I've got a house right now that I could finish in the next two weeks but the homeowners did not get their power and water account set up until late in the game so now it is basically sitting waiting on permanent power and water. I started three houses between March and April. Two I finished in under 120 days, one is just now getting painted and we're putting cabinets in next week. That particular homeowner has signed about 13 change orders which has been the biggest cause of the slow progress. 120 days is possible if the weather cooperates, and you subcontractors schedule and your schedule run according to plan but I wouldn't bet on that happening because any decent sub is slammed with work right now. 180 days is a safer bet. I'm similiar to Joey in the fact that I am a licensed builder but I actually work as a superintendent for another builder. That being said I don't deal with the pricing end of things as much but I have access to it. I just finished a house about like what you're wanting. 2k sq ft Granite tops in the kitchen, they decided to do vinyl that looked like wood, but they had a nice full masonry fireplace as well. That house roughly came in at about the sq ft price you're looking at. Granted we're in the upstate and labor doesn't seem to be running quite as high here as other parts of the state from what i hear.

Thats a lot of granite..

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Thats a lot of granite..
    Guess I should have used a comma there

Lets eat grandma!
    Lets eat, grandma!

commas save lives..

[QUOTE=scatter shot;2538733]
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    No builder wants the headache of the homeowner helping out[/QUOTE

I agree with what Mark said. The only way you could maybe get a builder to go along with your plan is if you pulled all the permits in your name as a homeowner "builder" and basically subbed all the work to the builder. I don't even know if thats allowed in the county you are in, or if in the end you would save any money.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm