Thread: Ice machine

Default Ice machine

I am wanting to put an ice machine in the garage. In my head I want something with a 100 pound storage bin or so. Where do I start? Cube type, daily production, etc.

110 power only.

How much do you want to spend?
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

This is my machine and I keep it in the garage. It holds 85lbs which equates to a little over 3 five gallon bucket fulls. I turn mine off in the summer when I am not using it so it doesn’t run constantly. I also bag some ice for the freezer outside before I turn mine off. I got my machine for $2200 in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

I’m in the same boat. I want one bad.

There was a guy a near Camden that rebuilt old ice makers and sold them at a good price. I want one too.
    Last edited by santee11; 10-08-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAP Hunter View Post
    How much do you want to spend?
    I want to spend as little as possible- I am expecting 1500-2k.

They are great when they work and are expensive to fix. Mines a Flaker, think Sonic style ice. It is great for everything except making drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    They are great when they work and are expensive to fix. Mines a Flaker, think Sonic style ice. It is great for everything except making drinks.
    I thought it was for sale, but never a price posted

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I thought it was for sale, but never a price posted
    So you want it?

Buy a Hoshisinki with a 50# hopper, it’ll make all the ice you want and then some. I bag it and put it in the chest freezer. Mine makes 150# a day and is more than enough.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Not saying you don't need it, but you gotta use a lot of ice on a daily basis to break even on an ice maker in your garage.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Yep. If you get one freeze it like Salty said. Otherwise youll have melted ice in about 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Not saying you don't need it, but you gotta use a lot of ice on a daily basis to break even on an ice maker in your garage.
    Mine paid for itself this summer. I bought it used from PoBoys in Gtown for $800.00. 50# bag costs $8.50 at the marina, costs me $0.57, between beach, fishing, parties and work we’ve used it. I’ve got about 400# stored in my freezer now.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    A large portion of my life centers around making bad decisions. Seriously, I will burn it up at job sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Buy a Hoshisinki with a 50# hopper, it’ll make all the ice you want and then some. I bag it and put it in the chest freezer. Mine makes 150# a day and is more than enough.
    What is the model # on that machine if you have a chance. Thanks
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

That machine in the picture is the exact machine that my uncle has and it is a mean little dude. I would say unless you have a restaurant or an offshore boat nearby, that will keep your coolers in ice every day. Put a serious water filter in front of it and it will run trouble free for a long time. The size of the cube is great and really works well on drinks. He would even unplug his if he was going to be away for two or three weeks (most people say you should not turn them off) and it would fire back up and fill quickly. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero