Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WY vs MT

Edumacate me on this...

What is the difference between BLM land, walk in land and Hunter Management Areas. I get the HMA...it's like our WMA and that's another permit and draw system to get into those. Walk-ins, not much info but I assume that's the public land I'd target for a DIY hunt? And BLM...that's something total different as it's not mentioned on the WY fish and game?

I found this video last night. Pretty good tutorial of the WYF&G website and what to be looking for...narrow it down at least. Not sure if I'll need any extra points to get a tag for antelope but I bought one. Thinking about going a head and buying a mule deer point while I'm at it.

You can usually drive on BLM roads. Walk Ins are just that. Walk Ins have designated access points, most of the BLM in the easy draw units will be landlocked. BUT if a count or state road touches even a tiny portion you can access it. I’ve hunted 23 and 24 in WY, both listed as difficult access by WYG&F. Killed gots and could have killed s couple of stud Muleys had I had a tag. Just have to work a little harder.
    WY also has state trust lands which are public. They’re light blue on a map.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I’ve hunted 23 and 24 in WY, both listed as difficult access by WYG&F.
    So I've clicked on just about every area on the map on WYGF...ever area says *License types with difficult public access Is there any other kind? Is there easy public access?

If there is it will take a lot of points to draw or be overrun with hunters.