Thread: Gunner Kennel

Default Gunner Kennel

So this is a couple part question here. Those of you that have a Gunner Kennel what size do you think that a 70-75 pound lab will work? I've tried looking on their site and depending on how I answer 1 questions it says either the intermediate or the large. Most of the time will be 1.5 hour 1 way trips for hunting and then also the once or twice a year out of state trips.

Last question does anyone have one laying around that they no longer want that they might not want a second mortgage payment for?

Go bigger. Your dog will thank you.

If you listen to the hunting dog podcast I'm fairly certain when you order online if you put in HDP at checkout it's like a 10-15% discount.

I could understand if you are flying your dog but can not see justifying a $600 plastic dollar dog create for riding in the back of the truck. For that price I’d get an aluminum one that was insulated. How much do those things weigh? I didn’t see a weight listed on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I dont have one and dont plan on getting one anytime soon, but if they if are as strong and safe as they are claim - I think $600 is well worth the price.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

I have both a large and intermediate. My male is is 75 lbs and is a tall lanky dog. He needs a large. A stocky 75 lb dog could fit in a intermediate. My female is in the intermediate. As far as safteyi would bet a dog has a better chance surviving in a gunner rather than insulated metal box. I have had both.

The one thing I don't like about my gunners is there is a slide lock on the top and bottom of the door. On the bottom there is a hole at the lock that a dog could catch a nail in if they scratch at the door. Other than that I have no complaints.
    Last edited by MudCat05; 10-08-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Ruff Tough works just fine.

I have both and the intermediate works for that size dog.
    They are insulated and worth every penny....especially for dogs riding in the bed of a truck.
    Board Member
    Cherokee Foothills Hunting Retriever Club

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I could understand if you are flying your dog but can not see justifying a $600 plastic dollar dog create for riding in the back of the truck. For that price I’d get an aluminum one that was insulated. How much do those things weigh? I didn’t see a weight listed on the website.
    I’ll never be mistaken for a big dude...and I move mine almost daily.
    Convenient and safe for the mutts
    Board Member

Or just go all out

F7DBD1CD-132C-4B6B-B251-7C113609B6CF.jpg
    80-20 Genaration

IMO- 600$ is too damn much for a 1 dog kennel. I don't care how nice it is. You can find a simpler version of DM1's box in a 2 bay for that price.
    Windows Down!

It is high but they work best for me. If you talk to dealers some of them aren't as much as what gunner wants them to sell the kennels for. I used to have a 2 hole mtck just like DM1 but I farm and was tearing it up to bad.

Intermediate is 40-45 lbs. Easy to pick up

Large is 70 lbs. Its awkward to pick up which makes it feel heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Not everyone has Dwayne money!!
    Hope ur good
    Board Member

At least I'm housebroken.