Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USuC v A&M

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    I am as big a Carolina fan as you will find but if you think for one second that this defense is good you have been watching a different team. Absolutely cannot stop the run and the pass defense which might look good on paper looks like refried ass on the field. Those f'ers are more concerned with running their mouth and pushing and shoving than putting a damn shoulder into someone with a different colored jersey. They were damned lucky to win that game Saturday. I thought the offense would be better simply due to Edwards having another year under his belt and Deebo being back on the field. I really thought the defense would be better with Muschamp having some of his recruits out there and being in the same system for 3 years. It hasn't shown up at all from what I can see. Unless something changes drastically with the run defense TAM, Fl, and Clemson will beat our brains out. I hope to I'm wrong but I don't see it changing this year.
    Pure honesty right here. It's rare around here.
    Last edited by MKW; 10-08-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    Their ranked 23rd in the country in pass defense. Yes that’s ahead of Clemson’s.
    Where are you getting your stats?

I am as big a Carolina fan as you will find but if you think for one second that this defense is good you have been watching a different team. Absolutely cannot stop the run and the pass defense which might look good on paper looks like refried ass on the field. Those f'ers are more concerned with running their mouth and pushing and shoving than putting a damn shoulder into someone with a different colored jersey. They were damned lucky to win that game Saturday. I thought the offense would be better simply due to Edwards having another year under his belt and Deebo being back on the field. I really thought the defense would be better with Muschamp having some of his recruits out there and being in the same system for 3 years. It hasn't shown up at all from what I can see. Unless something changes drastically with the run defense TAM, Fl, and Clemson will beat our brains out. I hope to I'm wrong but I don't see it changing this year.
    spot on
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    We've been watching the same games.... I'm very surprised that Muschamp is allowing that kind of behavior from his defense when they aren't performing. The freshman that came from the opposite side of the field to run his mouth I thought was going to cause him to blow his top but he was cool as the other side of the pillow...
    I don't get it. At. All. It's one thing to talk shit when you are winning, and even then I don't like it. But when you are being drug up and down the field it looks desperate. I watched one of those punks in the Ky game intercept a ball in the 4th quarter which last I checked is his damn job and why he is getting a free education pretend to autograph the freaking football!! I would have pulled the old school Lou Holtz and walked his ass off the field by his damn facemask in front of God and everybody.

I would have pulled the old school Lou Holtz and walked his ass off the field by his damn facemask in front of God and everybody.
    Can't do that nowadays...Mr Coach Kline will get a phone call from momma.

IMO the worst part of the Carolina D is that they are in the correct position more times than not. They just can't tackle. I'd put the bastards against anybody in 2 hand touch, but that ain't gonna cut it in any level of football. I for the life of me can't figure out what they work on at practice. Blocking and tackling will win a lot of ball games and will cost you even more when 1 or both are lacking.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

When will you coots realize Champ cannot coach. Dropped balls, cannot tackle, discipline, etc. Things will not get better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Their ranked 23rd in the country in pass defense. Yes that’s ahead of Clemson’s.
    Clearly you don’t know how this works...when you cant stop the run, teams don’t have to pass, therefore they don’t have many passing yards. Ahead of clemson in pass defense? Congrats. What’s that Total D ranking?

I just said pass defense. Are you illiterate?
    last time I played ball, the defensive backs were, well, defensive.

Hope this helps, jackass.

and i'm right. usc's DEFENSE (in its entirety) sucks ass.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 10-09-2018 at 06:56 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

interceptor will be along shortly to tell you otherwise.

I bet my pass defense would have good stats in a monsoon, too.

Usc's defense still sucks ass.

Carry on

Toof, don’t get your shin-guards in a bunch
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

go play in the roofing forum

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina coach Will Muschamp says injured quarterback Jake Bentley is expected to start against No. 22 Texas A&M this week.

Well I guess they do not want Bentley(AND HIS DADDY) pulling a KB, surely they will not leave him in long at all
    Last edited by tprice; 10-09-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina coach Will Muschamp says injured quarterback Jake Bentley is expected to start against No. 22 Texas A&M this week.

Well I guess they do not want Bentley(AND HIS DADDY) pulling a KB, surely they will not leave him in long at all
    If he plays well, which he does at times.....leave him in
    If he is struggling, throw the old new kid in and see what shakes out
    Ain't rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by CoachHunter View Post
    USC by 10
    so you and a few others are thinking the unranked Coots will beat T A&M by more than then # 2 or # 3 Climp5in did?

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    so you and a few others are thinking the unranked Coots will beat T A&M by more than then # 2 or # 3 Climp5in did?
    Even ECU isn't that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Even ECU isn't that crazy.
    I think its more telling of what they think about Climp5in

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    IMO the worst part of the Carolina D is that they are in the correct position more times than not. They just can't tackle. I'd put the bastards against anybody in 2 hand touch, but that ain't gonna cut it in any level of football. I for the life of me can't figure out what they work on at practice. Blocking and tackling will win a lot of ball games and will cost you even more when 1 or both are lacking.
    I've noticed a trend the last few years and it's in every team I've watched (Georgia, SC, Clemson,etc.) that the defensive backs aren't trying to tackle as much as they're trying to strip the ball. You get a running back with legs like oak trees pumping that knows how to hold the ball and he gets an extra 3 or 4 yards because the first guy that makes contact has one arm wrapped around him and is trying to swat the ball out with the other. As those of us that have played ball and got our ass chewed for, you ain't tackling a good running back without wrapping him up. The one team that I've noticed getting their ass chewed for it, unfortunately, is Alabama.
    Last edited by Pcole; 10-09-2018 at 07:30 PM.

A&M by 14

I played TAM -2----------------------------------
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"