Thread: Burning Question

Default Burning Question

I've got fields with a bunch of barnyard grass and other natural food. It's extremely thick and I am tempted to burn the whole thing for some open water. Any downside to doing so? Open to alternative suggestions as well. Thanks.

Burn it....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Burn em

Depending on how tall it is you can disc small circles in it before burning to have some vegetation to hide in
    Last edited by HEAD; 10-07-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

^ thinking smart
    Genesis 9;2

Speaking of burning, if you have any inclination to ever get your Certified Control Burn Manager cert from SC Forestry Commission, keep a log of any burns you do and write down the number they give you when you call in for the permit. If you take the course, you need to perform five burns for which you are the responsible manager before you get the actual certificate. You don't get credit for burns that someone else calls in or takes responsibility for. It's hard to get insurance for a burn unless you're certified and there's an extra bit of legal protection provided by the cert.