Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nother one to keep your eye on

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    What I want to know is what's the difference between the houses still standing, and the ones completely gone, and how much did it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
    What I want to know is what's the difference between the houses still standing, and the ones completely gone, and how much did it cost?
    Probably a lot of steel, concrete, deeper foundations, reinforced and solid filled masonry and impact glass. And if you have to ask, you can't afford it, not being sarcastic, it'll double to triple or more, the overall price in many instances. In some cases, I'm sure luck played a big role too. You can build to withstand hurricanes with minimal damage but it gets to be cost prohibitive for most people. Though I bet Florida has some big changes coming to their codes for coastal communities again.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Newer costal homes are built using Simpson Strong Ties. Minimal cost when compared to overall construction cost. I used them on my home even though not coded here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...90340114630959

Tyndall AFB. Completely flattened

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."