Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nother one to keep your eye on

Looking at the path now, that's about the best case scenario to minimize loss of personal property. Tyndall AFB is many miles wide and there aren't any significant population centers until you get to probably Albany GA. If y'all remember what the Francis Marion looked like after Hugo, that's what this part of Florida will look like tomorrow.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Looking at the path now, that's about the best case scenario to minimize loss of personal property. Tyndall AFB is many miles wide and there aren't any significant population centers until you get to probably Albany GA. If y'all remember what the Francis Marion looked like after Hugo, that's what this part of Florida will look like tomorrow.
    I have been planning a fishing trip down there. I guess that ain’t happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

This is petty considering that this is a vacation house and those that live there may not have a home but our beach house is the asterisk.

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 1.41.47 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-10 at 1.41.47 PM.jpg

Not petty at all. Hope that you have something to return to.. It's a bad azz storm for sure.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Public snapchat stories are unreal around the Panama City Beach area right now. A few videos of the eye passing over, and the amount of debris everywhere is insane. Street signs everywhere. Fire Department says 155mph winds right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    You could shoot over to Annapolis for the boat show.
    Might have to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Public snapchat stories are unreal around the Panama City Beach area right now. A few videos of the eye passing over, and the amount of debris everywhere is insane. Street signs everywhere. Fire Department says 155mph winds right now.
    How do you view these

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    How do you view these
    If you have the snapchat app, open it up and hit the magnifying glass beside the search bar. That will bring up a map above some trending stories. Hit that map, and it will enlarge. Navigate anywhere in the world, and if someone is snapchatting there(with a public account), you can watch it.

If you don't have an account, try going to snapchat.com and see if it will let you open it up. I've never done it that way, so not sure if it can be done or not.

You have the snapchat?

I hope to God nobody was on Mexico Beach because the footage I'm seeing from there doesn't look like you could have survived it. Water levels to roof tops and houses turned into brush piles.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Watching someone's roof get blown off their house while they film it from the inside is pretty sobering. Especially when you can already hear the wind blowing through the house from all of the windows being blown out.

It's nuts to me just how quickly this storm intensified.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Pictures of the water levels?

I guess the guys on the weather channel wont have to act like the wind is blowing them over or stand in creeks to act like the water level is higher than it is with this one. Prayers to those down there. We sure were lucky Florence didnt end up being like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Citbulldogs14 View Post
    Pictures of the water levels?
    https://twitter.com/weatheroptics/st...01707622031365

Rubberhead

Unreal.

Dorchester district 4 schools are closed tomorrow. They will let us know some time tomorrow about Friday.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Anyone who knows Mexico Beach, I just got word that Toucans and El Governor are completely gone. Most structures beach side are a complete loss.

Seems like a given what I'm seeing. First place I ever ate when I got stationed at Tyndall was Toucans. The boy and I used to eat there after a days fishing. This sucks.

I know you can't be feeling good about your place. On stilts or ground level?

Rubberhead