Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nother one to keep your eye on

Prayers for FL and those in this things path, praying it weakens before landfall too but it doesn't look too good.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

At least it's moving fast and the rain fall shouldn't be too crazy. We're still wet from the last one.

It’s still strengthening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prediction now for 145 MPH gusts at landfall. Full on strike near PCB.. Cat 4 and strengthening. Michael is 400 miles wide at this time..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Supposed to fly home Thursday at 4.....guess I’ll get comfy

I was just kidding about not much rain. It's been dumping buckets here every since I mentioned that.

I was stationed there when Opal hit in 95. Those big bays put several feet of saltwater across towns that are 10 plus miles from the coast. Freshwater flooding sucks. Saltwater flooding is different animal. It's going to be a mess. Hate it for them.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    Supposed to fly home Thursday at 4.....guess I’ll get comfy
    I was too. AA let me change my flight last night to today free of charge. I was talking with my wife last night and she said it was supposed to be pretty sloppy in Charleston today and this evening as well so hopefully I make it home. My layover from CT is in DC and I really don't want to get stuck there for couple of days.

I woke up this morning and though Michael was already here.

Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I'm from Port St. Joe and it isn't looking good. Prays for everyone.

I didn't realize that, Geetch. I love that area. Hoping for the best. Part of me would like to see it knocked back about 25 years, though.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    I didn't realize that, Geetch. I love that area. Hoping for the best. Part of me would like to see it knocked back about 25 years, though.
    I agree but I'd prefer it knocked back even further. Some of my best memories as a little boy were there. Walking out into the bay to scallop. We'd come back with a laundry basket full and then spend hours cleaning them. My dad was the county judge and he'd get a call from his friends, "Bob, your kids are out in the bay again" and he'd come get us. We were too small to be out there alone. The smell of the paper mill, driving on the dunes and shark fishing on Cape San Blas, going to Wakulla springs for the day, eating at the small oyster shack that used to be a gas station on Indian Pass (before it got all yuppie), fishing the dead lakes, going over the floating bridge at overstreet, running dogs on all the open St Joe Paper land. It was a door unlocked, leave your keys in the ignition kind of place back then. Great place to live as a kid.

We still have a house on St Joe Beach, that I don't think will survive. We have insurance and it seems selfish to worry with it given that folks that live there may not have a home to come back to.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I was too. AA let me change my flight last night to today free of charge. I was talking with my wife last night and she said it was supposed to be pretty sloppy in Charleston today and this evening as well so hopefully I make it home. My layover from CT is in DC and I really don't want to get stuck there for couple of days.
    You could shoot over to Annapolis for the boat show.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

That's tough, Geetch. Praying for the best possible outcome. Appalachicola and that whole area is going to look a lot different, I'm afraid.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

but where are we gonna get our oysters from after this??? (satire)

thinking about the FL panhandle and hope everyone stays safe.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Kumamotos from WA State are about as good an oyster as I have found. Just sayin.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I agree but I'd prefer it knocked back even further. Some of my best memories as a little boy were there. Walking out into the bay to scallop. We'd come back with a laundry basket full and then spend hours cleaning them. My dad was the county judge and he'd get a call from his friends, "Bob, your kids are out in the bay again" and he'd come get us. We were too small to be out there alone. The smell of the paper mill, driving on the dunes and shark fishing on Cape San Blas, going to Wakulla springs for the day, eating at the small oyster shack that used to be a gas station on Indian Pass (before it got all yuppie), fishing the dead lakes, going over the floating bridge at overstreet, running dogs on all the open St Joe Paper land. It was a door unlocked, leave your keys in the ignition kind of place back then. Great place to live as a kid.

We still have a house on St Joe Beach, that I don't think will survive. We have insurance and it seems selfish to worry with it given that folks that live there may not have a home to come back to.
    Lots of development in the area during the last real estate boom that destroyed the feel of the place but it's still a different world from here. My boy and I still camp at the dead lakes and fish out of Mexico Beach. He thinks it's heaven.

Rubberhead

928 hPa

I won't be shocked to see it upgraded to category 5...