Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence injury update

Default Lawrence injury update

Looks like neck injury not concussion, but he will play Saturday.

Please ECU et al, tell us how fabulous his hair is and how Clemson sucks. Blah blah blah. Look forward to reading, er ignoring, your crap.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-...m1o7n04z6y9eje

Clemson starting quarterback Trevor Lawrence, who left Saturday's game against Syracuse after a hard second-quarter hit near his head and didn't return, is expected to play Saturday against Wake Forest.

Lawrence was a full participant in practice Monday, and coach Dabo Swinney told reporters Tuesday: "I definitely expect to see him play. That's why we put him back in practice (Monday) night. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't."

Although Lawrence — named the starter only days before — was in the concussion protocol in the second half against Syracuse, by Monday the Clemson medical staff was calling the injury "more of a neck issue," Swinney said, than a head injury.

"He got the crap knocked out of him. It was head and neck. He had some pain," Swinney said. "They have a whole protocol on all of that stuff. You get put in concussion protocol for anything that creates a symptom."

Chase Brice, who became the No. 2 quarterback only after previous starter Kelly Bryant was demoted and announced he would transfer, rallied No. 4 Clemson to a 27-23 victory over the Orange.

The No. 4 Tigers (5-0, 2-0 in the ACC) are preparing for Saturday's game against Wake Forest (3-2, 0-1). Brice, freshman Ben Batson and receiver Hunter Renfrow are listed behind Lawence on the QB depth chart.

Lawrence has completed 49 of 75 passes for 693 yards and nine touchdowns with two interceptions so far this season. Brice was 7 of 13 for 83 yards and no touchdowns with an interception in relief Saturday, but he led the second-half comeback, including converting a critical fourth-and-6 play, as Clemson scored with 41 seconds to play for the four-point win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

As a Clemson Graduate and fan I would much rather see Lawrence this weekend only if we needed him. Let Brice play and get some more reps in. If the offense is struggling then maybe put him in. I would just hate to see something worse happen and end his season, especially against Wake

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully they'll get a couple drives in, get up early and he can sit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    As a Clemson Graduate and fan I would much rather see Lawrence this weekend only if we needed him. Let Brice play and get some more reps in. If the offense is struggling then maybe put him in. I would just hate to see something worse happen and end his season, especially against Wake
    I get that, but Lawrence needs the reps more. He is still far from being polished, and when Clemson makes it to the playoffs, he's going to be glad for the practice. Id like to see him play the first half and then switch off with Brice. Brice can play the entire Carolina, if he wants. All of this is provisional on him being 100% healed.
    Last edited by wskinner; 10-03-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Clemson won't make it to the playoffs this yr

Probably not, but I like to stay positive.

I would like to see Hunter at QB. That Man is a winner I don't care what position he plays. Prolly right SW but no negative waves Man.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Maybe not. The strength of schedule is the main hold up. BUT I think if Clemson wins out the season with no hiccups and obviously wins the acc championship, then they go to the playoffs. But this year I think that 1 loss bumps them out of the playoffs unlike last year where the loss to 'cuse was overlooked.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Georgia is much better.

It always seems to me like Dabo lets kids play too soon after injury. Granted, I don't know anything about it, but it was a hell-of-a hit. I'd sit Lawrence for WF, just to be safe.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I saw an article Monday that said he might practice Monday. Glad it's just a neck injury.

Hope he is being truthful and it's nothing more. That was a helluva shot he took and he looked woozy on the sidelines in the highlights I saw.

I feel pretty confident Brice could handle wake forest without issue to let Lawrence heal another week. Must not be to bad.

I'm with MKW. I mean why risk it just to beat WF. I think Brice can handle the offense without risk to TL losing his job and transferring.
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-03-2018 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Typo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Lawrence is the one that needs the reps.

You got him for 2 1/2 more seasons. Gotta get what you can out of him while he's on campus. Not playing him makes as much sense as renting a hotel room for 3 nights and only sleeping in the bed one of those for fear of messing up the covers.

Put Billy Bob in and let him play.

Or Tweeter can take the snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Maybe not. The strength of schedule is the main hold up. BUT I think if Clemson wins out the season with no hiccups and obviously wins the acc championship, then they go to the playoffs. But this year I think that 1 loss bumps them out of the playoffs unlike last year where the loss to 'cuse was overlooked.
    Don’t listen to the gamecock experts on here about Clemson’s SOS. Clemson has played the 38th toughest schedule per Sagarin. Look it up.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Only Penn State, Washington, and LSU in the top 10 have had a tougher schedule. I think everyone knocking the ACC will see by the end of the year that Clemson will have beaten 3-4 top 25 teams, 5-6 Top 40 teams, and winning a conference championship will be more than enough to get in the playoffs. Oct 1 is not the time to be talking about who gets left out. The season is just starting!

Yeah, but is better to listen and watch them disappointed again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I'm with MKW. I mean why risk it just to beat WF. I think Brice can handle the offense without risk to TL losing his job and transferring.
    Risk what? They wouldn’t play him at all if there was any “Risk.” The coaches know that we can line up and run the ball down WF throat for 400 yds if we need to. TL would not be given a helmet if there was a problem. He took every rep in practice. Kid is fine. He needs the reps and needs to get back on the horse.

Im interested to know who these 3-4 ranked teams are gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Put Billy Bob in and let him play.
    I'd feel better if they scanned his cat first.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]