Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 day solo backpack MT antelope

Default 6 day solo backpack MT antelope

Leaving tonight to fill my MT antelope tag. I'll be backpacking East of Billings along Yellowstone river.

I've got the 3rd 4th and 5th to scout and I can pull the trigger on the 6th 7th or 8th. I also brought a .22 to shoot small game along the way.

Never been backpacking. Really excited about this. Hopefully I can connect. Will be posting my result here.

Wish me fortune.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good luck. Sounds like an awesome trip

Fantastic! Best of luck sir. Keep us posted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Look forward to following this!!!! Good luck!!!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Awesome trip! good luck

You're gonna need more food. I always eat more when I do a lot of hiking. You can probably cut down on some other things. Not sure how necessary the solar charger will be, depends on your battery back up brick. Just my .02 though.

And you may want a back up water filter. The sawyers can get damaged if the freeze over night. Not cheap but a steripen has made my life a lot easier. Or add in the iodine tablets for safety and cost effective.

A spare pair of boxer for sleeping in and a beanie can help at night when the temps drop.
    Cotton swabs dipped in vaseline stored in a medicine bottle or dip can make for a fell of a fire starter when you can find dry tender. And candy bars before bed/ hot chocolate mix. I'm not much of a sweets guy but a hot beverage or a candy bar seems to help me fall asleep after hiking all day.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    You're gonna need more food. I always eat more when I do a lot of hiking. You can probably cut down on some other things. Not sure how necessary the solar charger will be, depends on your battery back up brick. Just my .02 though.

And you may want a back up water filter. The sawyers can get damaged if the freeze over night. Not cheap but a steripen has made my life a lot easier. Or add in the iodine tablets for safety and cost effective.

A spare pair of boxer for sleeping in and a beanie can help at night when the temps drop.
    Cotton swabs dipped in vaseline stored in a medicine bottle or dip can make for a fell of a fire starter when you can find dry tender. And candy bars before bed/ hot chocolate mix. I'm not much of a sweets guy but a hot beverage or a candy bar seems to help me fall asleep after hiking all day.
    Good notes thank you!

Best of luck
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Good luck bud.

Shoot me a text when you put one on the ground and have service.

Oh! And you may have to ditch the fuel for your stove and pick up some in billings. Don't think they let you fly with that stuff.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I am jealous...really jealous...

Bear spray, maybe?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

What you need 50 pounds of salt for? I'd figure 15 to 20 pounds would be enough to salt the cape.

Good luck man. Look forward to hearing about it

Might have to do this one day, good luck!

Are you flying out there or are you taking your own truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    What you need 50 pounds of salt for? I'd figure 15 to 20 pounds would be enough to salt the cape.
    I probably won't need 50lbs. But when I usually salt and drain and salt and drain as much as I can when drying a hide.

Keep us posted. Awesome stuff

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    Might have to do this one day, good luck!

Are you flying out there or are you taking your own truck?
    Flying out to a rented truck and then driving to hunt unit.

Rain gear?

Look forward to the stories. I didn't go west this Sep. That was a mistake I won't make again next year.

Good luck.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Hell yeah. Good luck Rodney

Only thing I might add is a shower curtain. A cheap one comes in very handy and it's lightweight. Very nice to clean an animal on and keeps things neat. Can double as rain cover if needed also. Also sunglasses. May be on there just didn't catch it.

ETA. Good luck and have fun. You will enjoy!
    Last edited by beanhunter; 10-02-2018 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com