Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Fans CU vs Miami

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Appears the chicken fans and their alaises are running around acting like 6yr olds after what was apparantly not so good of a football game for them this weekend. I am posting this seperate because this message is for Tiger Fans and I don't want the message tainted by childishness.

The game Saturday was one of the most exciting I have attended in my life and I've been going to CU games since the late 70's. I and my wife and our guests left physically and emotionally drained but never more proud to be a Tiger. I have never before even thought about crying after a football game, even a heartbreaking loss when I played but the end of that game really hit me. No, not because I, or WE lost(I stopped letting 19-20yr olds determine my happiness years ago), I felt that way looking at the players on the field and how drained they were and the distraught look on their faces. Those boys left it on the field. There was no question about it. They played their hearts out as a group depite being outmatched talent wise and the fans felt it. It was truly magical in Death Valley last Saturday. I cannot remember a louder game. In the second half we were raising absolute hell 8 rows off the field and the lower decks were rocking. About the time it became apparant CU had a shot, I heard an eruption literally and looked up to remember again the upperdecks were there and they were out of control and not a single section of empty seats was visible. Now I must say the heat Saturday was next to unbearable, for the first time ever we parked in the seats after buying a bottle of water on the way in and never moved the entire first half! Those that know me or have attented a game with me would find this highly unusual as I normally make several trips to concessions to smoke and get another coke which I promptly pour a minibottle in.... it was too damn hot to move. I have no idea how those kids play in that heat. I would die in the first possession if I tried to do that again. Anyway we left out for halftime as we had a preggo with us and we ALL needed to rehydrate and cool off. By the time we got cooled off halftime was over but we still wanted a beer and a piece of chicken so we listened to most of the 3rd quarter at the car. We were down 10pts when we started walking back and we saw some older couples leaving the stadium carrying their stadium seats. My buddy who was able to drink despite the heat, unlike me, asked a couple where they were going? With no response but some disgusted looks he told them we were headed back in for the comeback and if they didn't go they were going to miss it. It was priceless, I hope they made it back in.

The proudest momement I have ever had as a Tiger occured after the end of the game. About 1/4 of the team had gone thru the tunnel nearest to us and a large group of players was starting to head our way. Without thinking a bunch of us just started to clap whereas there was pretty much silence otherwise. The people in the lowerdeck joined in and then the half full and still emptying upperdecks also joined in and the remaining crowed started yelling like they had all along. It was truly the most special thing I have EVER seen at a football game. A true standing ovation for a team that is definitely something special irreguardless of the season win loss record.

Now all that being said, we need to bring that magic back again this weekend to the Valley. I plan to be there yelling my ass off. Normally, you would not be able to convince me to go to a noon game in this heat period, even if you guaranteed me a win against the #1 team in the nation. But, I will make an exception and tough it out this weekend. They need us just like we need them. My blood runneth orange.

GO Tigers!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

Well put. I could not agree more. Out of the four years that I have been here, I have never seen so much enthusiasm throughout the stadium. This was a game I will never forget. I am and will always be proud of my TIGERS!

My blood runneth orange too!

GO TIGERS!!!!
    Life is a highway and I'm ready to ride!

Amen Rock. It was truly incredible. I spoke with a friend at our tailgate after the game who is on the team. He said despite the loss, the team had an air of confidence in the locker room after the game. It is exciting and I will be there on Saturday yelling for my Tigers.

Our friend told all of the kids that asked for his wristbands on the field that he was saving them. Then back at the truck, he gave one each to my oldest two boys. You would have thought it was Christmas, they were pretty excited. I can't wait for Saturday. I don't doubt the players will be there and be ready; I just hope the fans are.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

see yall there.
    lets get hoarse.

I hate that I wasn't able to make it to the game. I was stuck at work and didn't even get to catch the end on TV.

My two sons and their DNA donors (me & mama!) were there for the game. Other than a halftime trip to the concession stand we never left our upper deck seats. Made noise on every offensive play that Miami ran. What a great effort by the Tigers!

Lez do it again this Saturday!
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

Much like Rock, I have also been going to games since the late '70's. I have NEVER heard it that loud even when the chickens come to town. I am just now getting my voice back. I'll be there again Saturday. This team seems to be willing to play anybody 4 full quarters and then some - as it should be. They are fun to watch.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

my voice is not back yet.......

will be in parking lot 3E again this saturday.. between little john and the esso club.. green landcruiser with brush guards. come by for a chili pop and some wings.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I hope that "leavin all on the field" doesn't produce a less than stellar effort against BC...It is hard to play that emotional 2 weeks in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

well said, Rock. and dont worry about the gamecoots reading this thread...they just dont "get" it like clemson fans do. I know they will have something to say about that comment, but i can sit back and smile in what i know.

there is certainly something special about clemson football and sometimes it takes a tough loss like that one to make you remember what its all about.

Go Tigers!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

That was truely a great game. Hell, it was just great college football. That is what you want to see every week.
    The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    Theodore Roosevelt

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Uhhh we beat Miami last year Dick Tape.... must be that coot memory acting up on you.

I said to myself last night when I posted this it wouldn't make it 24hrs before a chicken fan came in here and slung chicken shit all over the place. Guess I was right. Almost made it! I would like to thank the considerate Gamecock fans who did not post in this thread. Thanks.

Duck Tape, you just made a BIG mistake. I am now forced to rip apart the chicken faithful due to your actions.
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

I have said that the Saturday night game was probably one of the best ganes to be played this year by any two teams. The Hurricanes had a hard won victory and Clemson deserves the congratulations for a game well played. I wish Carolina had done half that well.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Originally posted by Rock & Rye:

I have never before even thought about crying after a football game, even a heartbreaking loss when I played but the end of that game really hit me.
    Damn Rock,

You and Tammy think alike.

Well RP is a smart Gamecock! Hope your season goes undefeated from this point until you meet us RP.

Catdaddy are you really a chicken? If so I didn't know it. Surely you are not choosing at this point to join the pathetic gamecoots that are using the "yo mama" defense after the horrific loss to Bamma this weekend????

I mean seriously, can't talk smack for your team, can't talk smack against our team so you choose the typical first grade response of making fun of our players and coaches? Jad is a fag, Tommy is a crybaby etc etc etc

This response just furthers the stereotypical feelings against gamecoot fans. Sore losers, jealous, full of hate and spite and most importantly losers period. Get nasty and vile when you have nowhere else to run except to shut the fuck up and bow to your daddy?

I strongly feel that Tommy loves being a Tiger. He loves Clemson University and its students, players and fans. Can you honestly say the same for Lou??? how about Steve???

Lou never even lived in friggin' SC. As for Steve, until I see otherwise I think he could give a shit less for Carolina. He is more interested in Steve! Period!

Amen Brother Rock!!
    Let me hear those TIGERS roar at 12:40 Saturday.

Originally posted by Rock & Rye:

Catdaddy are you really a chicken? If so I didn't know it. Surely you are not choosing at this point to join the pathetic gamecoots that are using the "yo mama" defense after the horrific loss to Bamma this weekend????
    Actually I'm a Francis Marion Patriot. Just picking and funning Rock.

Game replay on ESPN Classic tonite.

Gotcha!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks DT, I've had the same signature for over a year.

I thought the tigers played a great game!

it was a true display of some great college football!!

Rock, i would like to be the carolina fan to change your mind.....can't i just love da college fooseball????

we got no room to talk about anyone's program. [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img] the cocks looked like sheot!