Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is great.

Default This is great.

This is great. I hope they kick Sasser's ass to the curb with quickness. Uncalled for and a terrible look for UGA.

https://247sports.com/college/georgi...eorgiaBulldogs

Is he guilty ? Hard to imagine a young white kid doing that in a crowd of black folks . I'm not saying there aint those kids out there ...most are just not that forthcoming .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Idk, I should have said, if he said it they need to kick his ass to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Idk, I should have said, if he said it they need to kick his ass to the curb.
    I don't know, bubba. What he said (if he said it) is obviously unacceptable, and he should be punished in some manner; I just think dismissal from the school would be a bit extreme. If they let Crablegs stay at FSU and S. Potkins at Clemp (just to name a couple), this guy should get a second chance. Think Isaiah Crowell, the first couple of incidents...

If he was "surrounded by black students" / friends, could he not have been speaking like them?

I dont think even a black student would say put the "n*****" in. But thats just my opinion. I think its a bad look for the baseball team and a bad look for Kirby and staff when they start recruiting.

black bart. you have issues. the end
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

As far as the couple of players you named BB, they didnt really have anything to do with race (JW was just an immature dumbass that knew he could get away with anything and everything, SP liked smokin bud and IC liked smoking it as well, unfortunately he like toting a gun too) and ultimately i think thats what separates these incidents.

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Maybe the heckler just heard Fields nagging the coaches to put him in the game???

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    black bart. you have issues. the end
    Funny how some people on here mistakenly label me a social justice warrior, while others think just the opposite. In this case, however, my "issues" are objectivity and perspective. Would a black dude get dismissed for the same offense? If you're honest, you know the answer.

As far as the couple of players you named BB, they didnt really have anything to do with race (JW was just an immature dumbass that knew he could get away with anything and everything, SP liked smokin bud and IC liked smoking it as well, unfortunately he like toting a gun too) and ultimately i think thats what separates these incidents.
    You're absolutely correct, and I understand where you're coming from. My point is, the guys I mentioned did stuff MUCH more significant than some idiot with a little too much truth serum in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    You're absolutely correct, and I understand where you're coming from. My point is, the guys I mentioned did stuff MUCH more significant than some idiot with a little too much truth serum in him.
    I see your side as well, trust me, but smokin a little pot won’t discourage people of other races from coming to UGA. “F*** her in the p****” might discourage some girls from coming to school at FSU, but, let’s be honest, probably not. Yelling racial slurs may discourage a handful of students and even football or baseball players from coming to your school... and UGA football is obviously a huge income for the school.

Maybe I’m looking too hard at it but imo Football and baseball players need to be ones setting good examples for people that look up to them, and I know UGA players for the football and baseball teams are honestly far from role models but you get what I’m saying.

If Fields was fucking up and a black guy in the stands yells " put the honky / cracker back in", would anybody say a thing? Would anybody give a shit?

Losing a scholarship at the most. Can't see kicking him out of school.
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 10-02-2018 at 02:04 PM.

I see your side as well, trust me, but smokin a little pot won’t discourage people of other races from coming to UGA. “F*** her in the p****” might discourage some girls from coming to school at FSU, but, let’s be honest, probably not. Yelling racial slurs may discourage a handful of students and even football or baseball players from coming to your school... and UGA football is obviously a huge income for the school.
    Again, you're making perfect sense. I was thinking about the "social outrage" aspect, but you're spot-on about the possible recruiting and financial ramifications, which are ultimately one in the same.

First off, did the girl bother to say something at the time? Or did she just go home and get on social media to say that people should say something at the time?

Secondly this, really shouldn't be national news. Dumbass people say dumbass things everyday.

Don't get me wrong. Fuck that guy and I'm fine if they kick him out of school. Students get kicked out of school for doing stupid stuff all the time. Let the school and the coach handle it. I just can't get behind or support the agenda that this anything more than one dumbass redneck.

I'd have him run suicides on the football field five yards a pop til he does the whole field. Holding a 45lb plate over his head. I did that once for being late to film study in school. Was never late again.

Call it a day after that. At the end of they its freedom of speech. Your feelings are irrelevant.

Same punishment if he calls somebody a fag? I am with Bucky on this one. The right to not be offened doesn't exist. Like I said before, i might could see pulling a scholarship because the University is paying his way. What if a drunk season ticket holder said it or even somebody who bought a ticket for a single game?

Not saying this right. Freedom of speech is real.

Honestly, if he would have ended the word with "ga" as opposed to "er" .....maybe even said put my ______ga_ in. Would it be taken any different? I think it is funny people get offended by words.

You have to wonder if this incident ultimately cause 5* WR Jadon Haselwood to de-commit from the dawgs this morning.

Edit: The link is to the decision UGA made about Sasser.

https://247sports.com/college/georgi...eorgiaBulldogs
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 10-03-2018 at 03:17 PM.

You have to wonder if this incident ultimately cause 5* WR Jadon Haselwood to de-commit from the dawgs this morning.
    I thought that initially as well but the more I read about it and gave it some thought, I would think its more likely he changed his mind bc we don't pass much, there is another 5 star receiver signed for 2019, and the UGA receivers room is loaded with talent even though the numbers on the field aren't there. I also saw where somebody posted that he was pissed when Demitrius Roberston (I think thats his name, the kid that transferred from Cal who is from georgia) came back here and that Kirby wasn't that shocked when Haselwood made the announcement today.

The talking heads are saying that Auburn and Miami are the frontrunners now with Oklahoma also in the mix.

This is all stuff I read on blogs and message boards so it is likely as true as the dumb shit that gets posted here half the time.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm