Thread: Sometimes you eat the bar...

Default Sometimes you eat the bar...

A hunter in Alaska was hospitalized after the bear he shot rolled on top of him

By Christina Maxouris and Brandon Griggs, CNN

Updated 11:19 AM ET, Mon October 1, 2018

Bear meat is no delicacy and hunters almost never eat it.

But that did not stop two Alaska men from going after some big game over the weekend. It didn't go well.

According to the state Department of Public Safety, the pair were hunting Saturday near Carter Lake south of Anchorage when they spied and shot a bear on a ridge above them.
    The injured animal rolled down the slope, dislodging rocks along the way, straight for the two men.

One hunter, 28-year-old William McCormick, was seriously injured when he was struck by both a rock and the tumbling bear, the DPS said. His 19-year-old hunting partner was unhurt.

McCormick was rushed by helicopter to an Anchorage hospital with "life-threatening injuries," the DPS said.
    State officials did not say whether the bear was killed, nor did they specify which type of bear it was.

Both hunters are in the military and stationed at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, an Air Force and Army base near Anchorage.

According to the state Fish and Game Department, bears are "waddling fat" at this time of year as they prepare to hibernate in their dens during the winter. Mature male brown bears can weigh up to 900 lbs., while grizzlies can reach up to 1,400 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Mature male brown bears can weigh up to 900 lbs., while grizzlies can reach up to 1,400 lbs.
    I believe they have this reversed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    A hunter in Alaska was hospitalized after the bear he shot rolled on top of him

By Christina Maxouris and Brandon Griggs, CNN

Updated 11:19 AM ET, Mon October 1, 2018

Bear meat is no delicacy and hunters almost never eat it.
    That's where I stopped reading.

The article was fricked from the first line where they said hunters never eat bear...

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    That's where I stopped reading.
    X2

Yep. Cause they do. I know, they have made me try it several times. It is awful. But they keep on eating it...

Grinding.....
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Leave it up to the Army to screw up a bear hunt.

Seriously though, hope he pulls through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft