Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toofer....check out Rogan's recent podcast

so, I'm guessing you think Kresser is right because he supports his position and speaks well?

Did you read Dawhoo's link?

You will never believe a plant based diet is best. Just admit that before we even pretend to debate....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Goddamned your hard head ...
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

(Mirror)

I dont do podcats bc you cant fact check quick enough. I tend to give the nod to the best orator. You tend to give the nod to the person you already worshiped.

I'll bet you a dollar that a plant based diet will win this debate in the end.

and...low carb is the new low fat. so, let's not pretend that people are any LESS informed now, than ever. Many of you meat eaters dont even know what a carb is. that was proven a few posts earlier...

You done got him cussin God 2th. Use more novacain cause you hit a nerve
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so, I'm guessing you think Kresser is right because he supports his position and speaks well?

Did you read Dawhoo's link?

You will never believe a plant based diet is best. Just admit that before we even pretend to debate....
    Dawhoo references epidemiology studies. THAT'S what the podcast is really about.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I don't have an iPod so I can't listen to these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Dawhoo references epidemiology studies. THAT'S what the podcast is really about.
    I thought it was about diet. Its about disease? Who knew...

my ipod is broke too.

It's about what is "proven" vs. not "proven." I'd send you my old Ipod but it's going to Sportin. I'd send him an Information Explosion Coin but he might light up around it and I'd miss him if he were gone.

Rubberhead

ok i'll play

what diseases are most prevalent in the plant-based diet community?

What proof do you offer that eating fatty meats leads to a longer, healthier life?

ok i'll play

what diseases are most prevalent in the plant-based diet community?

What proof do you offer that eating fatty meats leads to a longer, healthier life?
    The answer is "I don't know." You should try it some time. Not hard and tends to let a productive conversation move forward.

But there are many good questions that should follow that one. Do you really want to play?

Rubberhead

You damn right i do.

You cant ask another question till you get the answers to the first one.

I am very confident with the material I have that shows a plant based diet to be the most "healthy."

Yes, I realize we have to define a lot of factors if we want to compare studies.

What is the definition of perfect health?

You damn right i do.

I am very confident with the material I have that shows a plant based diet to be the most "healthy."

Yes, I realize we have to define a lot of factors if we want to compare studies.

20181008_142159.jpg

ah hell. here i go again....
    BUT you have to decide what you want in life.

I get a kick out of those that now say "I eat low carb" but then eat fruit all day. What they really mean is that they have been led to believe bread is bad and they dont eat sandwiches any more. So, you really do have to decide what you want to get out of it. "Diet" shouldnt mean a way you eat for a few weeks to lose weight. It should be defined as the foods you eat.

And, then, of course, you get the low carb dieters who have a "cheat" meal. Thats not a diet. That's a lifestyle.

Anywho, epidemiologists are trying to discern how our diet affects our health. Its a never ending science experiment, in my opinion. There is no conclusion to epidemiological studies on humans.

Plant based diets have been shown to increase longevity and reduce heart disease. I think many more people would benefit from that diet than they would "low carb."

if ligon is perfectly healthy.....

well, never mind....

You damn right i do.

So I'll try to play by your rules here as a show of good faith. We shall explore the first question and put more on the table, although you finished with another question.

Can you tell me what you mean by "shows"? I'll need to understand that when I read the material you submit to determine whether I agree with you or not.

Rubberhead

Hahaha....you're arguing with yourself before I can even respond the your first statement.

Rubberhead

shows means quantifies

I will admit.... I got caught in the hype. Previously my recommendation to patients was a simplified version of Paleo diet. A few educated patients ask me flat out "what the research says.' I didn't have a solid answer, so I dug in on current literature, In summary for diabetes management, weight loss, and lipid control the low carb/paleo diet has great research. But almost every longevity and disease prevention study points to a moderate protein/moderate fat/plant based as the key. The next question is what is your goal, I feel like the longevity and disease prevention allowing those extra years to be healthy ones the end goal.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

The next question is what is your goal, I feel like the longevity and disease prevention allowing those extra years to be healthy ones the end goal.

That is the way I look at it. I did NOT want to take a pill and maybe insulin so I did something about it as I get older. I feel I am in a lot better shape than I was 10/yrs ago.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"