Thread: Ceramic coating??

Default Ceramic coating??

Anyone here had a vehicle ceramic coated by chance? Looking for end user experience of how it holds up?

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Anyone here had a vehicle ceramic coated by chance? Looking for end user experience of how it holds up?
    Guy on THT had his boat done, looked amazing. Better than new and it was an 11yo colored hull.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I did my truck around 2 months ago. So far it is doing good. I wish I had some more of the product so I could fix two blemishes that I can barely see. All I can tell you is it beads water like crazy and is easier to keep clean. However mine isn’t as slick as a buddies truck that had his done professionally. I was really hopeful that this would help cut down on scratches from driving off-road but I honestly can’t tell you that until a few more months pass. Any questions I will try to help but honestly don’t know a tremendous amount about the long term yet.

Yeah I’ve gotten some crazy quotes regarding pricing. One guy $1600 another $3000 for my wife’s sequoia.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 09-29-2018 at 08:54 PM.

I’ve never heard of it...

Ive had three vehicles done, but i didn't do the most expensive one on the market. All of mine professionally done. I kept it in the under $400 range. Acid rain is real, and my truck still shows it after a coating. I now have some product that eases up on the blemishes.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    I’ve never heard of it...
    Hyped up sealant I’m guessing. They keep talking 10 year no waxing/polishing stuff like that. I’m looking for easier cleaning. I can’t find a mobile guy worth a damn down here to do a wax/polish every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Hyped up sealant I’m guessing. They keep talking 10 year no waxing/polishing stuff like that. I’m looking for easier cleaning. I can’t find a mobile guy worth a damn down here to do a wax/polish every few months.
    I did a 1 year coating. Forgot that part. 5 year is like $800-$1200. My detailer says the 10 year is bogus.
    Go Tigers!!!