Thread: King's Tree Trials - November 3, 2018

Default King's Tree Trials - November 3, 2018

There are few days I adore more than Christmas morning, Thanksgiving, or the opening days of deer/duck season.... The main one that comes to mind is the first Saturday in November. For the 23rd year in a row, the McCutchen family, with a little help from the Chamber of Commerce, will be hosting the King's Tree Trials on Saturday, November 3, in the Cedar Swamp area of Williamsburg County. If you have been before, "regulators mount up." If you haven't been to the races, this is your formal invitation from me personally. PM me or call the Chamber Office at 843-355-6431 for ticket info, questions, parking passes, or accommodations.

If you've ever been to the Carolina Cup, imagine a similar atmosphere, substituting Vineyard Vines with Carhartts, fueled by pickups, pilaus, venison tenderloins, vinegar based barbecue, and cheap bourbon. Much like the Elloree Trials, our races are community-based and nothing fancy. We just know how to have a good time. A great portion of Williamsburg County comes year after year, but we are actively trying for more Georgetown, Charleston, Florence, Clarendon, and Berkeley county residents to attend. Please spread the word.

The races won't cost you a lot, they are full of "good people," and if you don't have a good time, it's your own fault!

Tickets go on sale one week from today.

https://www.williamsburgsc.org/kings-tree-trials
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson

That sounds like fun.

I'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Sadly this will be the first year I have missed it in almost 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

*pileau*
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!