Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hunting Public...

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Let me get this right. You don't know me from Adam. And you stop what you are doing to correct my use of their, there and they're? Mercy...

Carry on...
    Yep. Hard to read a grown man’s post who can’t properly use basic grammar.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I stumbled across their videos. Good stuff. Most people won't work near that hard to kill a deer, or anything else. Get a couple miles from the parking lot / trailhead, and you've got it to yourself. How many on this sight have ever boned out an animal and carried it out on their back? How many have lived out of a backpack for more than a couple of nights. Killed anything out of state without a guide. I'd wager not very many. If you can't ride a 4 wheeler to your shooting house and guard a food plot or corn pile most won't do it. Too much effort.
    I raise my hand and have checked every single one of your boxes, in multiple states and countries, before it was considered cool. Quite frankly only because the "guides" in those places had not come close to catching up with what it took to get it done.

If you think that you are remotely alone in having the desire to go kill shit, you best think again...

Ha! Yep, the further the better. coming out soaked in blood and sweat makes you thirst for the next adventure. I have purposely made some hunts so rediculously hard on myself that successfully bagging the game wasn't even considered. Living to make it through it was challenge enough. I told many people long ago, everything is an adventure with me. Live on the edge and see if you make it back! I have had plenty of my buddies along the way say "my wife doesn't like when I go with you"!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    I have had plenty of my buddies along the way say "my wife doesn't like when I go with you"!
    Amen. Got one fixing to sit on the sidelines because she understands a calender and he doesn't...

Tsk tsk. I'm headed north the first of the month. As good as it's been up there I may need the whole month...
    Last edited by beanhunter; 09-26-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I stumbled across their videos. Good stuff. Most people won't work near that hard to kill a deer, or anything else. Get a couple miles from the parking lot / trailhead, and you've got it to yourself. How many on this sight have ever boned out an animal and carried it out on their back? How many have lived out of a backpack for more than a couple of nights. Killed anything out of state without a guide. I'd wager not very many. If you can't ride a 4 wheeler to your shooting house and guard a food plot or corn pile most won't do it. Too much effort.
    Straight truth!

I'm headed west in a week with an antelope and deer tag in hand. DIY. My normal hunting buddy just got back from a two week DIY backpack bow hunt in CO. Going in he was passing guys headed out who said the area was over pressured and the elk had vanished. A few miles in he quit seeing people and started seeing elk. Multiple Bulls within 50 yards but couldn't close the deal. He saw one group of hunters that was more tha a mile from the road.
    Last time I was in WY I had a rancher ride up to me on a piece of landlocked BLM while I was boning out my antelope, demanding to know where I had parked my truck, certain I had tresassedmto get where I was. He refused to believe I had walked that far to kill a goat till I showed him my GPS. Same experience on local WMAs. Guys are usually within 200-300 yards of where their truck is parked. I've never had another hunter walk past my stand when I was way back in the woods or had to cross water to access a place.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Let me get this right. You don't know me from Adam. And you stop what you are doing to correct my use of their, there and they're? Mercy...

Carry on...
    dont underestimate the power of proper grammar.

congrats on making healthy choices.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It's what distinguishes us from the unlearned.

Precisely....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Not to mention the unwashed...

Very much enjoyed their turkey hunts this past Spring. I haven't watched many of the deer hunts but am probably even more impressed by the ones I did see. Will have to catch up on those. Seem to be good fellas that put in the real work and do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It's already happened with them. Their last year with MWW they found a bedding area on public in Iowa that was chuck full of mature deer And they were basically impossible to get close enough to to kill. They hunted it and featured it on Chasing November. Fast forward one year, they go back in and it's boot tracks galore and the deer have boogalooed to another location due to pressure. Part of the game. I think they show what they want and keep hid what they don't want trampled after that. I will also say most aren't willing to go the distance and round about way they access to get to some of these spots. They are 1-2 miles back in some of these walk in only areas.
    If you'll notice, they're not showing nearly as many screenshots of the aerials on the computer or on the phone since that season. A buddy of mine is friends w/ them and they've said they had to cut back on the detail because of how trampled the "Buck Nest" became after that year.