Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hunting Public...

Default The Hunting Public...

These guys split off from Mid West Whitetail last year and it's clear they were the only reason to watch Chasing November. If you aren't following these guys on the you tube you are missing out.

They are in the middle of a public land hunt with Dan Infalt and some other public land hunters.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzl...wJITyrESOReqxg

I agree chasing November was terrible to watch this year. I did not even make it all the way through. One of the coolest things about the hunting public is it’s posted just a couple days after it happens.

Unreal how fast they can edit and put out great content like that.

When winke loses those other two guys (Mike and Jarret I think?) his show will be unwatchable.

There Turkey hunts were good as well.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

The editing and producing is the easy part these days. Making it interesting is the challenge. Literally anyone can instantly be a video star for the first time in media history. It will be interesting to see the end result of teaching your competition what/where/how with every video. It is gonna get crowded fast...

Great video!

I've been watching a lot of Infalt' s videos. A lot of knowledge to be gained if you can adapt it to the environment you hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The editing and producing is the easy part these days. Making it interesting is the challenge. Literally anyone can instantly be a video star for the first time in media history. It will be interesting to see the end result of teaching your competition what/where/how with every video. It is gonna get crowed fast...
    Is that a bad thing? Plenty of folks that already hunt public. These guys are showing them the right way. Polite and ethical fellas who want to show the other hunters how it's done. There not dropping GPS coordinates. Or acting like its "there spots". If everyone acted the way the HP guys do the public woods would be a better place.

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Is that a bad thing? Plenty of folks that already hunt public. These guys are showing them the right way. Polite and ethical fellas who want to show the other hunters how it's done. There not dropping GPS coordinates. Or acting like its "there spots". If everyone acted the way the HP guys do the public woods would be a better place.
    Agreed, but have you met any people lately? There are those who will learn to do things the "right way" and then everyone else who will come in and dick it right up. And I am talking about video makers and everyone watching both.

I guarantee you I have seen it happen thousands of miles from home. It is inevitable, however. You can learn to sail a boat around the world in less than a year watching youtube. Something that used to take half a lifetime to learn to do with any skill. Hunting? Pssshawww. You can learn how to do that in a couple weeks...

Now am I saying it is bad? No, just different. The wild spots are not going to stay so wild, and that is just what it is...

They did a spring turkey tour this past season and it was fun to follow, real stuff....I like it.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Their = possession. They’re = they are. Carry on.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Their = possession. They’re = they are. Carry on.
    Let me get this right. You don't know me from Adam. And you stop what you are doing to correct my use of their, there and they're? Mercy...

Carry on...

Agreed, but have you met any people lately? There are those who will learn to do things the "right way" and then everyone else who will come in and dick it right up. And I am talking about video makers and everyone watching both.

I guarantee you I have seen it happen thousands of miles from home. It is inevitable, however. You can learn to sail a boat around the world in less than a year watching youtube. Something that used to take half a lifetime to learn to do with any skill. Hunting? Pssshawww. You can learn how to do that in a couple weeks...

Now am I saying it is bad? No, just different. The wild spots are not going to stay so wild, and that is just what it is...
    It's already happened with them. Their last year with MWW they found a bedding area on public in Iowa that was chuck full of mature deer And they were basically impossible to get close enough to to kill. They hunted it and featured it on Chasing November. Fast forward one year, they go back in and it's boot tracks galore and the deer have boogalooed to another location due to pressure. Part of the game. I think they show what they want and keep hid what they don't want trampled after that. I will also say most aren't willing to go the distance and round about way they access to get to some of these spots. They are 1-2 miles back in some of these walk in only areas.
    Last edited by Glenn; 09-26-2018 at 06:22 PM.

1-2 miles back? Bruh.

The first time I found someone over 2000 miles away from home that told me he had found the spot off this site, I was just confused. The second time I got threatened with death from my own father.

Oh, edited to add, that was from sanitized still photos.

There is a reason that fruitloop Shia LaBeouf, with all of his resources, can't put a flagpole up anywhere on the planet that the nerds can't find from a timestamp...

I guarantee if they came to SC and filmed themselves on public land, many here would be singing a different tune.
    Psalm 23

1-2 miles back? Bruh.

The first time I found someone over 2000 miles away from home that told me he had found the spot off this site, I was just confused. The second time I got threatened with death from my own father.

There is a reason that fruitloop Shia LaBeouf, with all of his resources, can't put a flagpole up anywhere on the planet that the nerds can't find from a timestamp...

Your dad was gonna drop you in a gator hole!

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I agree chasing November was terrible to watch this year. I did not even make it all the way through.
    Samesies

1-2 miles back? Bruh.

Lots of truth in this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I find the content addictive. Need to go back and see these turkeys hunts of which y'all speak.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I stumbled across their videos. Good stuff. Most people won't work near that hard to kill a deer, or anything else. Get a couple miles from the parking lot / trailhead, and you've got it to yourself. How many on this sight have ever boned out an animal and carried it out on their back? How many have lived out of a backpack for more than a couple of nights. Killed anything out of state without a guide. I'd wager not very many. If you can't ride a 4 wheeler to your shooting house and guard a food plot or corn pile most won't do it. Too much effort.