Thread: W.E. Willis Kidnapping/Robbery/Shooting

Default W.E. Willis Kidnapping/Robbery/Shooting

Anyone have any details beyond what is being reported here?

https://www.wspa.com/news/woman-foun...ore/1473279206

I stop at these stores a pretty good bit on the way to and from Greenville. We have your typical rural crime up here, but nothing like this ever happens.

I live close to one of his stores, 2 actually. Crazy story. I don’t know anything other than what I saw on the news. Whoever it was knew a lot about him!

They used to cash checks, don't know if they still do, but people used to talk about all the cash he kept on hand.

Whoever it was knew Mr. Willis and his morning routine. I'm sure they also suspected he had a lot of cash at his house. I hate it for them.

What baggy and luvin labs said. I live fairly close to him. Everyone is in shock.
    Go Tigers!!!

The scumbags must have been expecting them to have a ton of cash on hand to need 5 people. It makes no sense, but it makes the investigators jobs easier I would think.

2 arrest have been made

One guy was from Florida from what I read, and the Willis’ said they had no prior knowledge of either man. Still seems quite odd to me

Blessed not to have been murdered.
    They were local or had a local feeding them info.
    They are not too bright as there were 5 of them (first mistake).
    They will easily be caught and I hope they get 50 years. I think the kidnapping
    will carry a heavy term.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    One guy was from Florida from what I read, and the Willis’ said they had no prior knowledge of either man. Still seems quite odd to me
    I'm sure someone in the group had plenty of knowledge of the Willis' and their routines. I'm sure they will catch the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I'm sure someone in the group had plenty of knowledge of the Willis' and their routines. I'm sure they will catch the other 3.
    ^^This

The same happen here once. A local and 4 gang members from DC kidnapped a couple then took them to the store to open the safe. He gave them the correct combination but they could open the safe So they put them in the trunk and took to a rural area, dropped them off shooting the man the leg. He bleed to death.

Obama was kind enough to pardon the shooter before he left office.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 11-09-2018 at 04:08 PM.

In my hometown in eastern NC. A wealthy man owned 6 pawn/jewelry stores.
    They went to his house, hid in bushes and stepped out when he and he wife got home
    from dinner one night. Took them around to all 6 stores and cleaned millions of cash, diamonds and gold.
    The owner and wife were missing until found dead a few weeks later by hunters.
    It became an episode on John Walsh's Most Wanted and Unsolved Mysteries.
    Two were later caught in Puerto Rico, they were two marines that had just been discharged from Camp Lejune the
    day before.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-09-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Nine or ten years ago maybe, I was staked out by younger want to be thugs. Their plans were to try to get me during a bank run.. I was notified about their plans, and also by the police. The little ring leader who I had kicked out from the stores before passed away a couple years back. I'm typically pretty alert.. and they didnt seem capable to me to pull something like that off, but it made me more cautious. I don't have the need or the want to deal with great sums of cash anymore. The government has really slowed some of it down, especially check cashing. Just registering at any higher level than I'm on right now is too much for my wants.

According to local news all arrests have been made now.

Lots of hours spent on this one.

The guy dealt heavily in cash and had some video poker machines in his stores. He had a routine and would go to each store early in the am to pick up cash and take it to the safe at his house. He was at his second store of the morning and got nabbed. They took him to his house in Green Valley CC and tied them up. They cut he and his wife, beat on them and even shot her. Neither would give up where the safe was. The guys left with very little. The word is that there was serious cash and jewelry in the safe. Pretty bad ass that they wouldn't give up the info
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    According to local news all arrests have been made now.
    They will be out on bond so they can be home with their mamas on Christmas.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 12-19-2018 at 08:49 PM.