Thread: Pitsburgh v Tampa Bay

Default Pitsburgh v Tampa Bay

This game just got good. Ryan Fitzpatrick has turned into a true gun slinger. He was never promised the job long-term, so after 14 years, he's decided to big dick it, and is letting it fly. Tampa Bay down 3 with 5:43 left to play. Great game.

And right on cue, James Connor breaks a 27 yard run. If Le'veon Bell doesn't want to play, James Conner will beat cancer and beat the Bucs.

He's a badass, and deserving of a big contract. Le'veon Bell is everything wrong with the NFL right now.

But you can't hate him for getting his money, though. Someone will pay him. This game has proven to leave people truly lame after they're done. I can't fault him for setting up multiple generations with his play.

3rd and 9 with 3:26 left. Right outside of field goal range. Almost feels like two down territory.

These NFL players are getting real mouthy with the officials. I don't ever remember them taking this many liberties with the officials. Hayward-Bey just cost his team 19 yards for pulling a Serena Williams with an official.

On the other side, the defense is getting crushed for touching quarterbacks nowadays. If it wasn't for coaches telling the linemen to take out the quarterback(New Orleans) this wouldn't be an issue. I feel bad for Clay Matthews.

I don't watch much NFL, but did see highlights of that stiff arm by the Pittsburgh tight end. Just damn.

I fell asleep.. stiff arm was badass. What about the fella that hit the wall? He good?
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Stiff arm was awesome. I turned it off after the 3rd "roughing the passer" bullshit. They have made a once great game into a metro man's sport.

LOVED the stiff arm, next damn think you know NFL will make that a penalty

Yep. Well if a lineman does that isn't it illegal hands to the face?

I saw a helmet to helmet initiated by the running back in a college game Saturday- they ejected the defensive player- total bullshit

That seems to happen a lot. Sad. They are killing football.

QB's are getting brave from the rules that protect them imo. I think I saw a highlight of the Bills QB hurdling a tackler rather than going out of bounds. Then, the Niners QB tore his ACL taking his time getting out of bounds, putting a juke on a defender coming. I'm thinking, "Guys, stay in the pocket where you are protected like bone china. You're gonna get hurt with these running back imitations." LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    LOVED the stiff arm, next damn think you know NFL will make that a penalty
    How was that not illegal contact to the face/head?

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    How was that not illegal contact to the face/head?
    The rules allow a stiff arm to the face but not if you're blocking a defender. Also, the defender can't strike the face mask. Go figure.

Only time I saw a penalty on a runner was when Walter Payton threw a forearm into a defender's face mask back in the '80's. LOL. That man was a beast.

I'm a fan of defense. I like swarming, violent defenses. They have taken all that away. Yet an offensive player can lower his head & truck a defender. Defense can't hit em high. Can't hit em low. Can't hit em too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    The rules allow a stiff arm to the face but not if you're blocking a defender. Also, the defender can't strike the face mask. Go figure.

Only time I saw a penalty on a runner was when Walter Payton threw a forearm into a defender's face mask back in the '80's. LOL. That man was a beast.

Yep, have seen couple penalties where ball carrier actually got a hold of fast mask, I think that is only way .