Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I guess Todd Ellis was right, Clemson really is cyclin'...

My boy is a freshman. He's loving it.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    I mainly posted the article for those delusional folks who talk about what a "crappy" job Dabo is doing and how he's cyclin' out, blah, blah, blah.
    They're delusional. Nothing logical that you post here is gonna change their minds. Cause they're delusional.

Good article though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I get both sides of it. I went there and it's certainly changed, but, what hasn't changed. Been to downtown Greenville lately- it's changed quite a bit in the last 20 years. How about Charleston - lots of change there too. Everything changes and the fact of the matter is Clemson is no different. You guys do realize that people have been transferring to Clemson (and USC) from two year technical schools for as long as I can remember. There's no asterisk on their diploma that says "only attended two years". There's plenty of high quality students in the Bridge program and it's very competitive to get into it. I don't necessarily love the Bridge program, but, it's not a bunch of remedial kids who barely graduated high school. I would venture to guess that the vast majority of Bridge students would get into any other public university in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEGIRLS View Post
    Yep. There is a whole lot of fiction surrounding conversations regarding the Bridge program.
    Yeah some of these people talking shit clearly don't know what they're talking about. But thats the norm on this site I guess

Maybe I need to clarify, I have nothing against the Bridge program, I have nothing against people who transfer from 2-year schools, I've got several credits from a 2-year school, it is a great program to start in. My "friction" comes with it being a shell game for CU to up entrance standards and graduation rates while still essentially retaining all the same kids on campus, and getting a piece of their tuition for housing them on campus, and allowing them to use CU facilities. My brother was in the bridge program and I was blown away when I learned he also had a CU ID. Either you make it in and go to Clemson, or you don't and you shouldn't be on campus treated like a CU student. The watering down comes with the varying entrance requirements for the same degree.

I think the true shell game that is being played is to broaden the "customer base". In the last two years, of probably 2 dozen people that I know that have enrolled at Clemson or the Bridge program, ALL of the early admissions were not legacy. They had no known family members that had ever attended or graduated. Likewise, ALL of the Bridge admissions were legacy. Its marketing. The legacy applicants will endure the Bridge to get the ring! The value of a degree from Clemson continues to increase.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    I think the true shell game that is being played is to broaden the "customer base". In the last two years, of probably 2 dozen people that I know that have enrolled at Clemson or the Bridge program, ALL of the early admissions were not legacy. They had no known family members that had ever attended or graduated. Likewise, ALL of the Bridge admissions were legacy. Its marketing. The legacy applicants will endure the Bridge to get the ring! The value of a degree from Clemson continues to increase.
    Meanwhile, at USuC, you can't drive through campus with your windows down without getting a diploma thrown in your car...

I was a legacy. Grandfather graduated in ‘47, Dad in ‘81, Mom got her masters in ‘83. I was accepted to USC, NC State, and UGA but chose to bridge at Clemson. I enjoyed the program and wouldn’t think twice about doing it again, given the choice. We didn’t live on campus, but did have student ID’s and could use all the facilities on campus.