Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess Todd Ellis was right, Clemson really is cyclin'...

Default I guess Todd Ellis was right, Clemson really is cyclin'...

Nice write up!

Dabo is underpaid there saying. Time to up the IPTAY again!

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    Dabo is underpaid there saying. Time to up the IPTAY again!
    *they're

Trevor Lawrence to start for the Tigers vs Syracuse.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hope you right 2th. The young Man is a rare talent
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Hope you right 2th. The young Man is a rare talent

Yep, being reported by TigerNet and all over WCCP.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Trevor Lawrence to start for the Tigers vs Syracuse.

I told you that last week.

I personally believe the "Clemson Experience" is not what it once was. Maybe it's the ways in which the country is shifting as a whole, but I cannot attest to other schools. I was at Clemson from 2011-2015 and again in 2017&18. I don't like all the growth, have you all seen downtown recently? The new apartments tower over everything. The new buildings on campus are some of the ugliest buildings I've seen in a while especially when sitting across the street from
    Tillman, Sikes, and Riggs. The article fails to mention that the new president, President Clements, has pushed for increased enrollment since his start in 2013 as well.

Also this is bad news for the folks who believe more in state students should be accepted to Clemson because I guarantee that the average SAT scores coming from within our state are lower than those that Clemson are accepting.

Are you a doctor?

No, just a masters

I mainly posted the article for those delusional folks who talk about what a "crappy" job Dabo is doing and how he's cyclin' out, blah, blah, blah. I guess this guy from Forbes doesn't read SC Ducks to realize that the anti-Clemson experts on here see the demise of Clemson football just over the horizon. He also doesn't realize he shouldn't mention Clemson and some of the other football powers in the same sentence. He doesn't have a dog in the fight, so, maybe it will help some of the folks on here who are in denial. Personally, I don't love everything that has changed at Clemson either, but, football is big business. I'm just enjoying the ride while we are good. it won't last forever, but, it's fun while it's here.

I'm a 2010 Graduate and will Second what BET said. My Clemson Experience was relatable to other people I know who went in the 70's 80's and 90's. My neighbors kid is a freshman this year, and its a whole different world. I also have an issue with the Bridge program. Those kids didn't make the cut to go to Clemson so they enroll at TCTC, but they live on campus, attend classes on campus, and get a Clemson ID. Talk about watering down the Clemson name.

Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
    I'm a 2010 Graduate and will Second what BET said. My Clemson Experience was relatable to other people I know who went in the 70's 80's and 90's. My neighbors kid is a freshman this year, and its a whole different world. I also have an issue with the Bridge program. Those kids didn't make the cut to go to Clemson so they enroll at TCTC, but they live on campus, attend classes on campus, and get a Clemson ID. Talk about watering down the Clemson name.

This makes more room for out of state students with higher tution

The Bridge program ensures the snaring of the in-state money once they have their fill of the out of state money and some "select" local flavor. Lots of bandwagon money being thrown into the university based on the football success. I've enjoyed the football success, but don't enjoy the direction of the university.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Things change. I would go back for like a year if need be if I went to school that long so I could tell people I was a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    This makes more room for out of state students with higher tution
    It also allows them to up their stats by raising the entrance standards. Also allows them to have TCTC take the hit to completion rates by weeding out the kids that have no drive and will fail or party out anyway. Therefore Clemson gets to funnel more kids who will complete a degree into their program at no risk. Its all a money and stat shell game. I get it, I just dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
    It’s sad to see Clemson going in that direction. I enjoyed my time there, a beautiful place that had everything to offer students. Rich history and tradition, mountains, lake life, downtown, Bowman field. Great times.

I am not sure what to say! These folks that graduated in 2010 forward are crying about Clemson changing???
    I swear some people just look for stuff to bitch and moan about.
    The only thing that stays the same is that nothing stays the same!
    I graduated in 1994. I have a kid at Clemson now. Hell yeah its different than it was 25 years ago.
    The whole world is different than it was 20/30/40 years ago. Get over it. Bunch of whiners.

Sadly, South Carolina’s public schools aren’t aligned to transfer credits like Georgia and North Carolina’s public systems operate. This has led to the Bridge Program being what it is. It’s the only way for students who can’t get into Clemson, or who want to go to Clemson but can’t afford four years, to transfer credits seamlessly without losing credits. The state is to blame as much as the schools. I would have started at a 2 year South Carolina school had seamless credit transfer been an option. However, the savings didn’t equate to much knowing I’d lose credits.

I am a Clemson graduate and was in Clemson this weekend. It is really sad that it is losing the small college town feel. Tom Winkopp is bad for Clemson.