Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Y'all be safe....

I am going to keep a close eye on it and if I see it getting too close we will pack up and leave. In 2015 the water came within 10 feet of my back door. During Matthew the storm surge came up on the outside of the house and was within inches of coming in the back door but I don't recall any water from the flood after it was over. Just a waiting game now.

I would think my house would be ok, but I am really not sure. Crazy to see the NG in full force on 17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

This will be one of the most under rated disasters of all time because of the sluggish pace of this storm. Hell, we were worn out 10 days ago from worrying about it.

The Duckbote Mafia stands ready to assist in any way possible. Please holler if we can do anything...

So what the he’ll is going on here? Is the damn storm coming back around again?

You silly UpsTaters...

Tater got a lot goin' on.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    DNR is using the ramp in my neighborhood because they can't launch at WaccaWachi. They were telling me today about boats on the ICW throwing wakes into folks houses.
    Yeah, I heard about those idiots. Can’t remember who it was but said they confronted some assholes in a bass boat about it, assholes told them they didn’t give a shit about their houses, they were on vacation and going to have fun. That should have been cause to put a couple of rounds into an outboard. Lots of cocksuckers running around now and lots of good people doing everything to help. Hats off to the NG for all they’re doing too. Triton Relief is working their butts off as well. Piss on the Horry EOC for turning away those trying to help though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    So what the he’ll is going on here? Is the damn storm coming back around again?
    Again? Bitch ain’t left yet. This one’s like the ex you tell to GTFO but keeps coming back after the restraining order.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I would think my house would be ok, but I am really not sure. Crazy to see the NG in full force on 17.

You in Belle Isle? They don’t even have projection for down Winyah yet. I did see where Belle Isle was expected to see a 5’ rise. I’d think down towards The Ferry will be similar just because it’s so low. It sucks any way you cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    I fished Georgetown today and was surprised none of the water had gotten there yet. Fish were killing it.

I don’t think they know what to think
    This thing is moving so slow it’s crazy. Everyone I’ve spoken with that’s fishing has been hammering them. One guide in MI caught like 15 triple tail the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yeah, I heard about those idiots. Can’t remember who it was but said they confronted some assholes in a bass boat about it, assholes told them they didn’t give a shit about their houses, they were on vacation and going to have fun. That should have been cause to put a couple of rounds into an outboard. Lots of cocksuckers running around now and lots of good people doing everything to help. Hats off to the NG for all they’re doing too. Triton Relief is working their butts off as well. Piss on the Horry EOC for turning away those trying to help though.
    DNR did a good job of stopping that crap on the Edisto in 2015. One of the DNR guys told me that they were told not to just write a ticket, but to arrest anyone they caught throwing wakes into houses.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    DNR did a good job of stopping that crap on the Edisto in 2015. One of the DNR guys told me that they were told not to just write a ticket, but to arrest anyone they caught throwing wakes into houses.
    I hope they start doing that here. This thing is so widespread that they’re just stretched way to thin now. People are stressed out and sooner or later someone’s going to take it out on one of these assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I hope they start doing that here. This thing is so widespread that they’re just stretched way to thin now. People are stressed out and sooner or later someone’s going to take it out on one of these assholes.
    Absolutely agree. One of our river houses flooded in 2015, and the other was less than 5 inches from flooding. At that same time, I was dealing with my parents house being flooded. What my buddy with DNR told me, was they were told not to play around with anyone. If someone was dumb enough to throw wakes in houses, they would be made an example of.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

And for those in the path of this water, there is absolutely nothing in your house that is worth risking your life over.

Thomas Jefferson

Are y'all talking about people "waking" houses on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    From what I’ve heard from others, these folks just don’t give a damn. Or are too stupid to realize they shouldn’t even be out now.

Our street floods on any really hard rain and it draws the idiots out in their "off road" vehicles that you can tell never leave the pavement. They get a thrill racing through the flooded streets and washing more, dirtier water into out first floor apartment. I need a 10 foot piece of railroad steel to lay across the road under the water.

Florence was definitely underrated and under reported. I heard on the radio over the weekend that the NC official death toll related to Florence is 32!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Doesn't matter if it is on purpose or not. Increasing the risk of damage to someone else's property is just plain ignorance. If there is an actual rescue taking place where it is a medical emergency, so be it. But most of these idiots are just out riding to have a look.

We even dealt with it to an extent with the flooding of my parents house in 2016. People just out riding the roads just to look and take pictures would make a wave of water come through parts of the flooded part of the house. It even pushed water up to parts that weren't flooded.

Thomas Jefferson

That is one crappy thing to have to worry about. Hate it for you guys dealing with this mess...

Just moved down to Pawleys Island a month ago...if I can help anyone in any way, just let me know.
    At least I'm housebroken.